HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 08:52:49 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Blade premieres in theaters November 7, 2025.
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: star trek into darkness  (Read 4069 times)
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« on: May 19, 2013, 11:44:29 PM »

saw it today....will wait for others to see it before discussing.....this thread is reserved.

G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 05:50:12 AM »

i absolutely loved it.  it had everything i liked about the first movie, and turned it up a notch.  i laughed, i cheered, and wanted more.....

i avoided all spoilers about who the villain was, and was pleasantly surprised.

i like how they flipped roles on how a similar event played out in the original trek movie too....

EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2013, 10:26:17 PM »

Just got back from Star Trek: Into Darkness. AWESOME! I loved it! Much better than the first one. More emotion and meaning behind all that fabulous action, which made it all mean so much more than it did in the first film, IMO. If you've been questioning whether to go see it or not, definetly go see it!

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2013, 09:33:19 PM »

Just got back and liked.  JA "friend" of mine made a point of spoiling the villain and I think I would have enjoyed it more if not for that.  Nevertheless, a great movie and I can't wait to see more of this crew.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2013, 01:33:48 PM »

ok....I liked it, buuuuuuuuuuttttt, I had some issues with it.

#1)I wish they had stuck with the hype and NOT let it be Khan.  I really wanted them to stay away from him for another movie or two.

#2)Spcok's "KHHAAAAANNN" scream ranks right up there with Vader's "NOOOOOOOOO!" on the cheesiness scale.

#3)didn't i see this movie before?  like in 1982?  the ending was totally predictable.  as soon as they started talking about the damaged warp core, I knew we were gonna see a death.  I did, however, think it was going to be spock, but as soon as scotty and kirk beamed back aboard the enterprise, I knew it would be kirk "just to make it different but the same".  I also knew they were going to revive him with Khan's blood.

things I liked:  1)we finally get to see the Klingons and they are nicely set up to be the big baddies in the next film.

2)I love simon pegg as scotty.

things I don't like about the new film franchise as a whole:
1)with the old crew, we had plenty of time to get to know everyone and their quirks from the tv show.  while this crew is essentially the same characters, they are not and sometimes they seem forced together (especially kirk and spock).

2)to me, star trek was not all that action oriented.  sure they had some, but the show was always a little more cerebral than what the new movies have been. 

all those things being said, I really do like the new movies and will continue to see them as long as they make them.  I am glad they rebooted the franchise and liked how they went about doing it without spitting in the face of the fans and the old crew that came before.  I know from my comments above, it may not seem like it...but I guess I am a little torn.  I told all my friends who hadn't seen it yet that they should definitely go see it.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS