HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 09:52:03 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kung Fu Panda 4 premieres in theaters March 8, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Comic Book Day - May 1st  (Read 6149 times)
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« on: May 02, 2013, 05:16:22 PM »

What did you get/order?

What I got:

-Age of Ultron #7 (very cool, it took long enough, but series has paid off)
-Earth 2 #12
-Superior Spider-Man #9 (Holy crap! This is already up to #9?!)
-Thanos Rising #2 - I'm not sure I like this. It almost feels like Thanos is being re-written into another character. Yes, Thanos is in love with Death and kills to please her, but he never came off as a sociopath, so much as he was power-hungry. In this, he comes off more as Cletus Kasady (Carnage's host) than he does Thanos.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 08:41:41 PM »

DCBS queing up:

ALL NEW X-MEN #11 NOW 
HARBINGER WARS  #2 (OF 4)
X-FACTOR #255 

Went by LCS and picked up:

Shadowman #0
Thanos Rising  #1
Thanos Rising  #2

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2013, 05:04:07 AM »

-Age of Ultron #7 (very cool, it took long enough, but series has paid off)

I think your love of AoA is clouding your judgment of AoU
 Wink

-Thanos Rising #2 - I'm not sure I like this. It almost feels like Thanos is being re-written into another character. Yes, Thanos is in love with Death and kills to please her, but he never came off as a sociopath, so much as he was power-hungry. In this, he comes off more as Cletus Kasady (Carnage's host) than he does Thanos.

Hmmm, scary. But then again, I have always thought Thanos to be written a little too non-sociopath, when that should've been highlighted more. I get what you are saying, but by definition - a person with a psychopathic personality whose behavior is antisocial, often criminal, and who lacks a sense of moral responsibility or social conscience - Thanos is molded for it.

But I haven't read issue #2 yet, so it may hit me the same way it hit you.
 Grin

Went by LCS and picked up:

Shadowman #0
Thanos Rising  #1
Thanos Rising  #2

A) SHADOWMAN #0 not in your Valiant bundle?
B) You really need to try Nova
 Smiley

In my to be shipped pile:

HAWKEYE #10
THANOS RISING #2
HARBINGER WARS (VU) #2
SHADOWMAN (VU) #0
FCBD 2013 SUPERMAN SPECIAL EDITION (Net)
FCBD 2013 INFINITY (Net)
FCBD 2013 JUDGE DREDD CLASSICS (Net)
FCBD 2013 HARBINGER WARS SPEC (Net)
FCBD 2013 VALIANT MASTERS SHOWCASE ED

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2013, 04:35:31 AM »

This may have been before I started ordering the bundle.  Not sure because yeah I thought it was weird too.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2013, 01:05:36 PM »

May want to double check your order, my man. because according to your list, you did order it.

Your March order

`
VALIANT COMICES - 6 TITLES
HARBINGER WARS #02
HARBINGER #12
X-O MANOWAR #13
ARCHER & ARMSTRONG #0
BLOODSHOT #11
SHADOWMAN #0

Maybe you changed your mind, and that's cool, but I just don't want there to be any issues with ... well ... issues.
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2013, 03:07:53 PM »

May want to double check your order, my man. because according to your list, you did order it.

Your March order

`
VALIANT COMICES - 6 TITLES
HARBINGER WARS #02
HARBINGER #12
X-O MANOWAR #13
ARCHER & ARMSTRONG #0
BLOODSHOT #11
SHADOWMAN #0

Maybe you changed your mind, and that's cool, but I just don't want there to be any issues with ... well ... issues.
 Grin

I'll be darned.  Your right.  I checked the order and it's on there.  Looks like I'll need to ping them.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2013, 05:51:05 PM »

B) You really need to try Nova
 Smiley

Ok - against my better judgement, I ordered Nova 1, 2, & 3 and will give it a try.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2013, 06:00:39 PM »

More pressure on me. Ha.
Honestly, it is NOT the bad Loeb that has been seen recently. This is the good Loeb that we all remember. And hell, even McGuiness' art is toned down from the over bulky to a more moderate and enjoyable style. It is really a good book. No stupid Sabertooth resurrection and no lame-ass Red Hulk punching the Watcher in this title (but Uatu is in issue 2) and besides, if you are getting GoTG, this is a perfect companion piece. Both titles are going to be heavily featured in the upcoming Infinity event, which I can't freakin' wait for.

Surfer coming back?Huh Pah-lease

EDIT - However, word of warning, if you are like me, a fan of Richard Ryder (hahaha that name ... always kills me), please note he is not in this book ... yet.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 06:03:16 PM by Perry » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS