HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 02:06:25 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Captain America: New World Order premieres in theaters February 14, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What Comic/Storyline Did You Read Last?  (Read 5421 times)
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« on: April 26, 2013, 04:16:05 AM »

Like the "What Movie/Anime Did you Watch Last?" thread, this is a thread to come by, tell us what you've recently read, and what you thought of it.

I Just finished the Crime Syndicate storyline from JLA #108-114. Pretty dang good super-hero read. I recommend it to all JLA fans. Lots of action, a bit of insight into Crime Syndicate and their world, a few plot twists, and portrayal of the Weaponers of Qward that actually managed to make them look bad ass.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 12:32:27 PM »

Always love the Crime Syndicate !

Unfortunately for me, I haven't even had much of a chance to read my current comics, much less any past releases.  Undecided

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 12:29:31 AM »

i just finished reading DC showcase presents:the trial of the flash.

EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 02:16:46 AM »

Never have read that in it's entirety. I've found a few issues here and there. Eventually I'll have it all.

How was it?

EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2013, 07:17:31 PM »

Just finished re-reading this:

Fantastic story, fantastic artwork, great characters, some of the best comic creators working on it (George Perez was like the PERFECT choice for the artist on this); everything this crossover should have been. Wish we could see more DC + Marvel stuff of this caliber.

jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2013, 01:02:46 AM »

Never have read that in it's entirety. I've found a few issues here and there. Eventually I'll have it all.

How was it?

I liked it.  I would have liked it even better if DC had not inexplicably decided to cut out like 3 issues of the storyline out of the book right in the middle.

EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2013, 01:16:22 AM »

How was it?

I liked it.  I would have liked it even better if DC had not inexplicably decided to cut out like 3 issues of the storyline out of the book right in the middle.

What? Really? That makes like no sense at all.

jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2013, 02:31:04 AM »

How was it?

tell me about it.  the book covers flash #323-350 but leaves out issues 328 (which is a reprint story, so that's understandable.) and issues 337-339.  so, you read issue 336 and then it jumps to 340 which begins in the middle of a battle with big sur which started in the previous issue and actually climaxes in a pretty big plot point for the story.  I am clueless as to why DC cut these issues out.

EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2013, 02:37:17 AM »

How was it?

tell me about it.  the book covers flash #323-350 but leaves out issues 328 (which is a reprint story, so that's understandable.) and issues 337-339.  so, you read issue 336 and then it jumps to 340 which begins in the middle of a battle with big sur which started in the previous issue and actually climaxes in a pretty big plot point for the story.  I am clueless as to why DC cut these issues out.

Wow, that's a huge trade if it covers that much. They probably had to cut something for the sake of room.

I thought the Trial was just the final 10 issues, or around that.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS