HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 11:29:41 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Joker 2 premieres in theaters October 4, 2024!
Advanced search  
Poll
Question: Who Is Your Favorite Current Comic Book Publisher?
Marvel Comics - 3 (50%)
DC Comics - 0 (0%)
Image Comics - 1 (16.7%)
Dark Horse - 0 (0%)
IDW Publishing - 0 (0%)
Valiant - 2 (33.3%)
Archie Comics - 0 (0%)
Viz - 0 (0%)
Other (Please List) - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 6

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Who Is Your Favorite Current Comic Book Publisher?  (Read 4915 times)
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« on: April 23, 2013, 08:42:23 PM »

Who Is Your Favorite Current Comic Book Publisher?

It seems that for the first time, in a long time, super-hero comics are starting to lose their luster. Lots of fans out there in fandom are talking a lot more about non super-hero comics, not published by Marvel or DC. (I'm personally not among them. I still buy mainly Marvel and DC with a little on the side here or there from IDW or the latest video game tie-in.)

So I thought it would be cool to see where Hero Realm lies on this subject.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 12:24:20 AM »

Well Marvel will always be my main go to publisher as I have been "with them" for over 40 years. I grew up with them and I love their characters. Having said that, the "Best" (or favorite) right now is hands down Valiant. This company is not just putting out quality stuff month after month, but also making the right choices along the way. They are literally doing everything right.

There is no other company out there coming close to making the right calls that they are.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 03:08:23 AM »

I've been a DC Comics guy for years and years. But since DC's New 52 change, I've been buying more and more Marvel.

I've come full circle. As a kid, I started off a Marvel guy because Spider-Man, Venom, and X-Men were all the rage back then; got into DC far more for years; and now I'm Marvel guy again.

It's all about the Avengers books, Marvel's cosmic scene, Thor: God of Thunder, and Venom (still) for me at Marvel, right now.

I'm still reading the Green Lantern books and Earth 2 at DC, but that's it.

sinisteri
HR Super Hero

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2013, 01:52:05 AM »

Well,

I am DC deep down in my heart, but the new 52 is far from my cup of tea. It's a joke and less than a shadow of its former self.

So, I have to vote MARVEL. Integrity and faith in characters over gimmicks just to sell trademark names.

A man is the sum of his memories,
A Time Lord even moreso.
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 01:42:47 PM »

like Perry...i have always been a marvel guy...sure my early days i read some flash and batman but after say age 10 it was all marvel all the time.

still the same 35yrs later.  i read TWD and Buffy but thats about as far as i stray.  there are tons of books i would like to read if i have the time but i just dont.  barely can keep up with my current list.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2013, 12:57:58 PM »

I always liked both DC and Marvel as I was both a Teen Titans (Wolfman and Perez) and X-Men fan.

But as far as who is my favorite publisher right now, I was torn.  I went back and forth between Image and Valiant.  I think Valiant is probably the most consistent with pumping out quality on almost every one of their titles but I ultimately picked Image.  Walking Dead, Morning Glories, Manhattan Project, Invincible, Fables, Fatale; and even mini titles like Comeback and Harvest are some of the best comics out there.

Right now I'm going with Image but no doubt by this time next year Valiant could over take them.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2013, 01:03:55 AM »

right now, I would have to say either dynamite, idw or image (strictly for TWD).

all time?  I have to say marvel.  old school marvel from the 60s, 70s and 80s are the epitome of comics IMO.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS