HR Boards
April 15, 2021, 04:29:57 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Eternals premieres in theaters February 12, 2021!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Green Lantern is Still Gay  (Read 2295 times)
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« on: March 03, 2013, 01:55:25 PM »

Who else has actually been reading Earth 2?

I have to say. After all the controversy surrounding turning Earth 2's Green Lantern gay, now it just seems silly.

I know many people were probably scared that they'd write Alan Scott as the stereotypical flamboyant gay character that you see in a lot of media. But it's come off as quite the opposite. It's been done very tasteful where Alan Scott comes off as genuine, deep character who also is gay. Kudos to James Robinson.

There's still the issue of Jade and Obsidian being unlikely to ever happen, though, lol. Then again, there's no reason that they HAVE to be Alan Scott's kids if they do decide to bring them into the New 52 down the road (or that they even have to be on Earth 2).

What is everyone else's thoughts on this, now that the controversy has died down?

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 05:39:18 AM »

Had no problem with the way Alan was portrayed. I did have problem with how E2 was written. Tried the book twice and lasted only 3 issues each time. Shame, because I really like James Robinson as a person and his humor, much similar to my own, always makes me laugh my ass off when listening to him. (I wonder if he finished DEAD SPACE 3 yet)  Grin

"I do not have OCD. I know. I've checked. Three or four hundred times and I definitely don't. I stopped myself from catching it by washing my hands an even number of times"
David Mitchell
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS