HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 01:51:38 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom  premieres in theaters now!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: When Did Green Lantern Become About "Feelings"?  (Read 3302 times)
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« on: February 21, 2013, 02:58:47 AM »

The emotional spectrum idea that's being used in the Green Lantern books, is pretty cool. I liked the idea at first. But it seems the franchise is ALL about it, now. Every single story, now, has to do with the emotional spectrum and either embracing or rejecting emotions. Or getting in touch with parts of the emotional spectrum.

Am I the only one that misses Green Lantern being a space adventure? About space, cosmic battles, and aliens?

sinisteri
HR Super Hero

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 01:41:55 PM »

Actually,

I like both. The problem for some may be that GL is focused too much on its own mythos with not enough coverage of other issues and world politics in other sectors. The emotional spectrum point explains why the Guardians have always been so cold and disconnected. With that explanation, there is also solid reason why other colors of Lanterns were suppressed.

There needs to be more balance.

I would have preferred more exploration of the different colors if Guy had embraced and evolved the Red and John had also mastered another color.

A man is the sum of his memories,
A Time Lord even moreso.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS