HR Boards
July 11, 2020, 02:13:37 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome back Realmers!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Superman: H'El On Earth  (Read 2235 times)
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« on: February 20, 2013, 07:59:11 PM »

Anyone else reading this? I've been following it from the beginning. It's not a spectacular read, but it's not bad, either. Certainly better than most of the other stuff going on the Superman books post New-52.

But I have a big problem with part of the plot:

H'El is building a time machine that uses energy from our yellow sun to send himself back into the past and save Krypton before it explodes. Supergirl, who is old enough to remember Krypton and her family (unlike Superman who came here as a baby), is helping H'El.

Superman, Superboy, and the Justice League are trying to stop him because drawing energy from the sun will destroy it and in the process kill everyone on Earth.

While Superman, Superboy, and the JLA are battling H'El and Supergirl; H'El points out that if he goes back in time and stops Krypton from exploding, then the sun and everyone on Earth will be fine because he will have never left Krypton to build the time machine.

Yet, the JLA, Superman, and Superboy continue to battle him and try to stop him...WHY?! Why wouldn't the JLA and especially Superman not want to save an entire planet? It seems they're just too stubborn to stop at this point.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 10:13:57 PM by EmeraldWarrior420 » Logged

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 03:02:51 AM »

Hmmm, interesting plot. However, who is H'El? A new character I suppose, but what is his back-story, as far as how he came to Earth?

Also, no mention of the "heroes" not wanting to kill off this timeline (thus killing us all) by allowing H'El to accomplish his goal? That is the only thing I can think of for fighting him.

"I do not have OCD. I know. I've checked. Three or four hundred times and I definitely don't. I stopped myself from catching it by washing my hands an even number of times"
David Mitchell
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 11:15:13 AM »

Alright, here's what I know abut H'El according to this storyline:

H'El is a Kryptonian who survived the explosion of Krypton. He was also a close friend of the El house (Superman's Kryptonian family). After he survived, he traveled to Earth to harness the yellow sun to energize a time machine of his design. He tried to recruit both Superman and Supergirl to help him in his goal, but Superman refused to help because he was scared of the sun being drained while Supergirl decided to side with him as she still has vivid memories and feelings for her life on Krypton. H'El also tried to kill Superboy, because supposedly on Krypton clones were outlawed for being inherintly aggressive and violent.

And that's about it on H'El. He's a brand new character and this is his first storyline.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 11:23:42 AM »

Hmmm interesting. Well, other that having yet ANOTHER survivor of Krypton.
Still sounds like a cool plot-line, however.

"I do not have OCD. I know. I've checked. Three or four hundred times and I definitely don't. I stopped myself from catching it by washing my hands an even number of times"
David Mitchell
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS