HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 01:29:14 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Madame Web premieres in theaters February 16, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Geoff Johns off of Green Lantern  (Read 9035 times)
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« on: February 11, 2013, 08:08:25 PM »

Green Lantern #20 will be his last issue.

As fantastic as his run has been, it's about time. His storytelling was refreshing and exciting. But after reading a continuation of basically the same story for this long, it's starting to get a little stale.

I'm ready to go back to the high-adventure space stories Hal used to go on, again.

I'd love to see Johns return to the JSA again. But it looks like that is Robinson's project, for now.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 10:00:22 PM »

I jumped off the Lantern books because it felt as though I was reading the same arc for 5 years. Hope the new writer doesn't pull me back in.
 Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 10:21:35 PM »

I jumped off the Lantern books because it felt as though I was reading the same arc for 5 years. Hope the new writer doesn't pull me back in.
 Cheesy

Yep - same reason I jumped off.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 10:54:12 PM »

This is probably a dream...but what would you think of a DAN ABNETT AND ANDY LANNING penned Green Lantern?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 11:25:41 PM »

This is probably a dream...but what would you think of a DAN ABNETT AND ANDY LANNING penned Green Lantern?

Freaking awesome, is what it'd be.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 01:04:43 AM »

I would have originally jumped on that faster than you could spell Oa  Grin but after reading their HYPERNATURALS, I no longer feel the same joy of DnA being synonymous with cosmic greatness.
 Undecided

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2013, 03:59:56 AM »

I'd like to see Ron Marz return for a whack at it. He did wonders with Kyle Rayner, when most fans expected him to be temporary. Let's see what he can do with Hal Jordan and a full-fledged GL Corps.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2013, 01:18:59 PM »

I never read his GL. Most of that happened during my comic dead zone. I enjoyed some of his CrossGen work however. Not sure he would be the one to pull me back into GL buying, so ... I'm all for it.
 Grin

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2013, 11:48:47 AM »

Although I am not a fan of the Red Hood, I am enjoying the Outlaws in space. Decent story, the origin of the Kori and Blackfire.

Just curious, did enjoy pick up Threshold?
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2013, 12:56:38 PM »

Had no interest in it. But I feel that way towards most DC  Undecided

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2013, 02:53:27 PM »

According to Bleeding Cool, looks like Tomasi is taking over GL proper. He does well with the property and likes to use a lot of the corps, which is nice.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2013, 04:31:26 PM »

Bleeding Cool now states creative teams as  -
Green Lantern
Robert Venditti and Billy Tan
Green Lantern Corps
Joshua Hale Fialkov and Bernard Chang
Green Lantern: New Guardians
Justin Jordan and Brad Walker
Red Lanterns
Joshua Hale Fialkov and Alessandro Vitti
Larfleeze
Keith Giffen and Scott Kolins

Overall, nice talent, but not enough for me ti jump back in.

EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2013, 05:39:47 PM »

Other than Giffen, I haven't heard of any of those writers. And I won't be buying Larfleeze anyways, so Giffen doesn't really matter to me.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2013, 06:37:42 PM »

Jordan (writer of LUTHER STRODE) is also currently writing SHADOWMAN for Valiant.
Venditti (Writer of SURRAGATES) is also currently writing X-O MANOWAR for Valiant.
Fialkov use to write I, VAMPIRE.

All writers I enjoy, but again, I am not missing GL yet.  Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS