HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 04:25:00 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ghostbusters: Afterlife 2 premieres in theaters March 29, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Guardians of the Galaxy NOW!  (Read 5054 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: November 16, 2012, 03:13:44 PM »

Coming in February!  And YES - that is written by Bendis!!

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #0.1
BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (W) • STEVE MCNIVEN (A/C)

Move over Avengers...the Guardians got this.
Star-Lord. Gamora. Drax. Rocket Raccoon. Groot. ...and the Invincible Iron Man?!
The Marvel Universe just got bigger as the legendary cosmic epic returns in the hands of superstar creators Brian Michael Bendis (Avengers, All-New X-Men) and Steve McNiven (Civil War; Old Man Logan).
In this special prelude issue meet the man behind the Guardians: Star-Lord... and discover how this child of Earth became the leader of the rag-taggiest of teams in all the Galaxy. All setting the stage for next month’s historic Guardians of the Galaxy #1. This is the start of something big, Marvel fans.
32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$3.99
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 03:20:44 PM by Jeff » Logged

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 03:38:44 PM »

And YES ... I shall not be getting it.
 Grin

Will miss the McNiven art however.  Cry

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, 03:54:19 PM »

And YES ... I shall not be getting it.
 Grin

Will miss the McNiven art however.  Cry

Why not?  You love Bendis.  And I'm pretty sure you like the GoG.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2012, 04:13:17 PM »

Love Bendis when he is writing a book with one or two main characters. When he does a team book I find I enjoy him ... not as much. Not that it is horrible, but he just makes almost all the characters blend into the same 'sounding' character. Everyone suddenly has a grand sense of humor (like Spider-Man) or becomes suddenly incensed at social problems (like Luke Cage).

Don't get me wrong, if this was a $2.99 book, I would probably jump in to see the good 'ole GotG, but at $3.99, double shipping months and Iron Man joining the team, I will pass.

Plus, don't forget, I am trying to cut down and get to just HC's, so adding a title to my list is a serious 'no-no' and it has to make me really want it. (Like the new SECRET AVENGERS that I am fighting the urge to add)  Cheesy

But, I know me all too well, and I will boast how I am not adding this title and blah, blah, blah, but when it comes to placing that order ...
 Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2013, 04:54:42 PM »

I read the 0.1 issue and liked it enough to consider putting it back on my list.  Except for one thing.  Why is Iron Man being put on this team?  It's really bugging me.

EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2013, 05:29:15 PM »

I read the 0.1 issue and liked it enough to consider putting it back on my list.  Except for one thing.  Why is Iron Man being put on this team?  It's really bugging me.

It's because half the Galaxy worshipped The Phoenix as a Goddess. And Iron Man killed The Phoenix. So they're after him for revenge. Iron Man's out there playing clean-up for himself after the Avengers vs. X-Men stuff went down.

I LOVED the #0.1 issue. One of the best origin issues I've read in a long time. It helped me understand Starlord's attitude and his reason for being out there.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS