HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 10:37:43 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Despicable Me 4 premieres in theaters July 4, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ever get so pissed at yourself you just want to punch yourself in the face?  (Read 2787 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: January 11, 2013, 05:27:48 PM »

I do. Especially yesterday when I was typing up a post for the Realm and right before clicking the "post" button, I closed out the window it was in and I lost everything I had written.

It was (or was going to be) a new, ongoing piece I called "Doom's Time Platform: My Marvel Memories - ROM". It was going to be a 'retro-review' piece on various Marvel series that I enjoyed when younger, issue by issue. The first one, obviously, was going to spotlight ROM issue #1, (followed by issue #2 and then #3 and continuing all the way to issue #75, the last ROM issue). I would then do the same with MASTER of KUNG-FU, DEFENDERS, and then ... who knows. I was going to start at issue #1 (or whatever the first issue I have was) and highlight various aspects of each issue, discuss panels and then decide if I enjoyed it today as much, or as little, as I did back then and then move to the next issue and repeat the process.

It only took me about 3 or 4 hours to get it all ready to go. I took pictures. I made opinions. I relayed facts. I lost it all.

I had about 5 tabs open in my browser, one was open to a comics podcast I was listening to (not related to Rom  Grin), one was the Realm, one was for 'Photobucket' (where I uploaded all my Rom pics I was using) and a couple others. Well, when it came time to post this awe inspiring bit of 'blog journalism'  Grin, I closed my 'Photobucket' tab ... or I thought I did. I in fact closed the HR tab and lost everything. Oh sure, I used the "undo closed tab" option in my browser (Firefox by the way), and it reloaded the Hero Realm page ... minus any text. My text.

It has taken about 24 hours before I could even post about this, as my anger kept creeping up every time I thought about it. This is not something I can be pissed at someone else for. This is not my computer crashing and me being able to throw it across the room. This is not the power going out in my house and I can curse out the electric company. No, this was me. I did this. I had to blacken my own eye (so to speak) and that was just adding insult to injury.

The wife is like - "Well, just re-post it."
Sounds easy, right? No. No it is not. It is gone now. I will never be happy with the end product as my jokes will not be the same (yes, I am a funny Mo-Fo), my insights will be jaded and my joy of the issue will be underscored with anger. No, this idea is gone. At least in the form it was. I may do it again, but it will be far less in quantity and sadly in quality.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 02:54:03 AM »

Bummer.  I would have liked to read it.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, 03:03:13 AM »

I would like to read it.  sounds right up my ally.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS