HR Boards
March 19, 2024, 06:54:15 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Planet of the Apes 4 premieres in theaters May 24, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: EVIL DEAD  (Read 4230 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: January 04, 2013, 06:19:31 PM »

Okay, first off this trailer is NOT for the squeamish. If you are easily turned off by gore or eerie as hell images, stay away from this trailer.

Having said that, I believe this may be one of those odd exceptions to my rule that that a re-make is never as good as the original (OCEANS 11, The THING, CAPE FEAR and The FLY being others). I know in this case, that maybe blasphemous to say, as the original EVIL DEAD has such a cult following, but this re-make makes that original one look like a visit to Sesame Street.

So gotta see this.

By clicking below you certify that you are over 18 and will not throw up or run from your computer screaming like a little girly man.
 Grin

CLICK HERE, if you DARE

Shocked

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 07:15:07 PM »

I got to see this trailer at the Dallas Comic Con last October (sneak peek) and it was presented by none other than Bruce Campbell.  He and Sam Raimi are producers (I believe) and he was raving about it.  Looks to be good!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 02:57:24 PM »

Just watched this again last night as it popped up on Encore, but this time with the wife.

HAHAHAHA, she sure came over to my side of the couch in a hurry.  Cheesy Grin She closed her eyes or put her hands over her face during this movie more than I have ever seen.  Cheesy  She only screamed once (nowhere close to her record 8 times with THE CONJURING or about 5 with MAMA), but this movie had more gore than jumps, so that is to be expected.

Almost enjoyed this movie more the second time. Well, I did enjoy it more because of my wife I guess.  Cheesy

She also really enjoyed OCULUS, with Dr. Who and Guardians alum Karen Killan. We watched that about a week ago.

Eagerly awaiting both ANNABELLE, AS ABOVE SO BELOW and heck ... possibly DELIVER US FROM EVIL. Hoping one of those will get more screams ... from one of us.
 Cheesy Cheesy

Also waiting for news on the re-make of GRIZZLY. Saw the original when I was about 10, two days before my dad took me camping. And by camping I mean deep woods hunt for your own food and filter your own water camping, not some cozy camp-site with electric and water hook ups right beside your RV. I was absolutely terrified for three solid days and two nights. Oh the nights ... you just don't know terror like I felt those two nights. Trying to sleep in a tent while constantly waiting for that damn bear to rip through the minimal safety of that damn orange nylon fabric, and tear my head off ...  jeez, I am getting goose bumps remembering that shit.

Yes, it is cheezy as hell and not at all scary NOW, but at 11 ... while camping ...? SHEEETTTTT

Hell, still thinking about how scared I was ... Can't wait for the re-make !!!
 Grin Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS