HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 01:18:06 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom  premieres in theaters now!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What Are Your 2013 Collecting Goals?  (Read 3622 times)
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« on: December 29, 2012, 03:38:51 AM »

This is a thread to post your 2013 collecting goals, and come back and report your progress on them as you complete your goals through the following year.

My collecting goals:

-Focus on Batman comics. There's a lot of essential stuff that I don't have like Knightsend, No Man's Land, and Hush.

-Finish my John Byrne & Dan Jurgens 80s & 90s Superman run.

-Finish my JSA run from Justice Society of America #1 (1991) up to the current Earth 2 issues.

-Collect the large Iron Man & Avengers storyline where Tony Stark goes bad and is replaced by time-displaced young Tony Stark as the current Iron Man...I'm morbidly curious.

-Collect the Thor storyline where Thor is replaced by Eric Masterson and then returns to reclaim his title as Thor (and Masterson becomes Thunderstrike). Again, because I'm curious.

-Collect Paradise X, and get the final 2 issues to Universe X, so I can finally read the "X" trilogy in it's entirety.

-Track down the Nightmare on Elm Street comics by Innovation that aren't terribly expensive, but not all that easy to find either.

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 03:31:09 PM »

I like the "morbid curiousity" idea. I want to find and read Flash the Fastest Man Alive series. It was only 13 issues and ended with the death of Bart Allen.
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 07:44:47 PM »

more marvel masterworks.

G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2012, 11:57:56 PM »

My goal is just to get back to reading comics on a regular basis again period!

I still collect comics out of sheer habit, and pickup my comic book pull on a semi-regular basis, but for the past year I've just been reading The Walking Dead.  Nothing sparked my interest.....

But I miss reading comics in general, so I'm gonna start by reading through the whole Avengers vs. X-men series, and then check out Harbinger and X-O Manowar, because Perry talks so highly of it, and I used to be and still am a huge fan of the old Valiant Universe.

Then I'm gonna see all the buzz around Amazing Spider-Man..... Grin

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2012, 02:31:03 PM »

Uh-Oh, Glenn put on some Valiant pressure there.  Wink (please enjoy them, please enjoy them, please...)
 Grin

As for my collecting goals ... none really. I have to watch the out-going funds for the next few months and then after that, I may try and grab some NIGHT FORCE comics from a fellow realmer  Wink and perhaps finish off my bronze age MARVEL PREMIER and MARVEL SPOTLIGHT books. I know I need the first issue Red-Wolf plus the Were-Wolf by Night and Moon Knight ones from Spotlight, plus a couple more (I know I have most of the SON OF SATAN ones) ... can't remember what Premier ones I need.  Undecided

If anything, that's what I will go for.

EDIT - Was just flipping through the new Previews and noticed something else I would like to try and collect. The hardcovers of CREEPY and EERIE reprints by Dark Horse.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 03:35:09 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS