HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 09:44:16 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Deadpool 3 premieres in theaters May 3, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Is this book/story any good? Thread  (Read 2519 times)
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« on: November 27, 2012, 07:06:23 PM »

This is the thread to ask about certain books or storylines and gauge people's opinions on them.

I was wondering how Marvel 1602 was? I've had my eye on it, and it seems like a cool concept, but between the main-series and the spin-off minis, I'm not sure if it's worth buying all those books or not. What do you guys think? Yay or nay?

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 01:54:31 PM »

It was okay. Not at all the must buy I had hoped for and felt, at times, it was more like a warped history lesson than an exciting book. It was nice seeing all the characters in different roles and the art was nice however, so it was not a flop by any means, just didn't wow me either. I would certainly rank it in the "You should at least borrow it to read it" category. It was no EARTH-X for sure.
 Wink

The follow ups - I only tried the first issue of ... one of them and I just wasn't into it, so I can't honestly speak on the entirety of them.

Depending on what you are paying, I wouldn't pay a lot for any of them, I would stick with the main book first and then decide (unless you are getting a bargain for all three)

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS