HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 06:52:18 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Transformers: A New Generation premieres in theaters September 13, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wolverine and Cyclops  (Read 7459 times)
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« on: January 19, 2013, 02:28:37 AM »

So I've been recently going back and re-reading the original Age of Apocalypse storyline. It's taking a little while, but it's been great. It's still as epic as it was when I read it 15+ years ago. And I'm catching a lot of stuff I didn't catch the first time, connecting a lot of the dots that I didn't before.

I came across something in particular that stood out to me and really made me go "wow". I'm sure many of you remember the way Wolverine (going by Weapon X in the storyline) and Cyclops looked like in the Age of Apocalypse, particularly that Cyclops only had 1 eye (literally) and Wolverine only had one hand:

One of the little details I had forgotten about was that they both mention that in the past they had gotten into a fight, which the results of which was Cyclops losing an eye and Wolverine losing a hand.

1. I didn't realize Cyclops optic blasts were powerful enough to destroy Adamantium (the Adamantium that would have been in the bones of Wolverine's hand).

2. This goes to prove that Wolverine's healing factor MOST-DEFINETLY has limits or else his hand would have healed back (albeit without Adamantium), which it didn't. Yet Wolverine fanatics insist he can survive pretty much anything.

I just thought that was interesting, and wanted to share.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 12:40:08 PM »

This Cyclops able to do what more powerful beings (or an atomic blast) could not? Destroy (or slice through) Adamantium? Hmmm, he is a lot more powerful in this AOA version. And Wolvey less powerful has it's bonus points.
 Cheesy

Do like the "one eyed" Cyclops idea. That is cool and should've transferred to the regular 616 universe.  Wink

EDIT - And those pouches!!! Dear god, the pouches of the 90's are also in the AOA universe!!!
 Grin
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 12:43:02 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 07:16:09 PM »

The nuke blast incident is freaking ridiculous. I don't think it ever should have been printed. No way Wolverine should have been able to survive that. It should have fried every organ in his body. I don't understand how he could have healed if there was nothing left.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2013, 10:19:01 PM »

Grin
The power of the Wolverine!!!!!!

Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS