HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 07:20:42 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kung Fu Panda 4 premieres in theaters March 8, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Is Marvel Becoming Too "Extreme" Again?  (Read 4372 times)
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« on: November 08, 2012, 08:21:37 PM »

I've noticed that a lot of the new titles coming out have this "extreme" vibe to them that a lot of the early-to-mid 90s Marvel titles had:

Is this a direction we really want to see Marvel go?

Granted, in the 90s there was still some great non "extreme" titles coming from Marvel. But more-often than not, many titles that could have potentially been good, fell into the trap of more style over substance. I just hope that history doesn't repeat itself.

On a side note, we're also seeing MANY titles become mutant-heavy, much like the 90s as well.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 10:29:27 PM »

Yep and one of the reasons my Marvel pull has fallen below 8 titles. Wasn't in for that shit in the 90's and not into now.

I don't mind "darker" or "edgier", but over mutant saturation and "extreme" style writing, where every aspect of what makes our characters who they are is just pushed aside for writer whimsy, will just push me away as well.

Just waiting for the "NEW SPIKED SPIDERMAN COSTUME"
 Roll Eyes

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
sinisteri
HR Super Hero

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 10:09:57 PM »

What Perry said!

A man is the sum of his memories,
A Time Lord even moreso.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS