HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 05:09:51 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Gladiator 2 premieres in theaters November 22, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Arrow Debuts Wednesday, October 10 on CW  (Read 16850 times)
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« on: October 03, 2012, 01:00:32 AM »

Just a friendly reminder to check out the latest prime-time comic book show.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 01:42:12 AM »

I hope it has a run like SMALLVILLE for you guys that enjoy it.  Cool

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 02:08:24 PM »

Can't wait!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 09:24:25 PM »

Pretty good, I thought. I'll be following this one.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2012, 01:53:08 AM »

I was really bored today, so I stopped by HULU to check this show out.

Pretty good start that rapidly fell to some pretty bad dialog. I just could not get through it. Just too ... "CW network" for me.

I hear it did fairly well, so I hope it lasts a good long time for you guys that do like it however.
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2012, 03:15:45 AM »

Had to delete it from the DVR without ever watching it.   Sad

Wife has no interest in watching it and without us watching it together just don't have room to add something new.  If it does well might download to the iPhone and watch it on the go.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2012, 06:52:18 PM »

I just don't know what to think about this show. It seems to have a good deal of focus on soap-opera like drama between past lovers and family members and such. But it seems as soon as I decide I've had enough of that crap, the action kicks in and it's pretty damn good for a network T.V. show. And the pilot episode was pretty good all the way through.

Don't know how much longer I'm gonna hold on, but for now I'm still giving it a chance. I just hope there's a bigger focus on action or a big storyline in the works.

Tokyo Vigilante #1
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2012, 06:42:11 PM »

It was okay.  Has potential and I can see getting into it later on.

If the dialog gets better and they get past the character intros it might become really good.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2014, 02:42:54 AM »

I just don't know what to think about this show. It seems to have a good deal of focus on soap-opera like drama between past lovers and family members and such. But it seems as soon as I decide I've had enough of that crap, the action kicks in and it's pretty damn good for a network T.V. show. And the pilot episode was pretty good all the way through.

Don't know how much longer I'm gonna hold on, but for now I'm still giving it a chance. I just hope there's a bigger focus on action or a big storyline in the works.

Sure sounds like someone was just as torn as I was  Tongue

Grin

Okay, got through a full 7 episodes now. On a roll!!! *But yes, Nate, very soap-opera'y  Smiley

The first three were just dialog hell, but the action was well done.

Ep 4 - John Barrowman? Oh hell, why didn't you tell me he was in this?  Grin Love that guy.
This episode was better overall, but still had a few eyeroll moments, but just have to get use to those if I am going to continue. Really falling for Katie Cassidy (Dinah Laural Lance). Reminds me of a younger Natalie Zea. Yum

Ep 5 - Loved the Deathstroke appearance, though not a fan of the two tone mask when he still has both eyes? Some really cool easter eggs in this one. Like GA's first appearance being the number on his mug shot and his prison "costume" having the Hex number of Green.
 Grin

Ep 6 - Royal Flush gang? Oh yeah, sweet! And that "Larchmont Highschool ring" looked very much like a Legion flight ring did it not?  Grin Liked how Ollie discovered the list from the heat of the fire.

Ep 7 - Was stoked about the appearance of Huntress ... until the acting started. Ugh, that was rough. And could we have her father, a true Italian mobster look anymore Nordic? This guy was as far from looking Italian as you can get. Still a decent episode.

Onto episode 8 (I can see where Tommy "Merlyn" will soon become an issue)

EDIT - And I forgot to mention how much that Queen Industries "Q" looks like Quizno's?  Cheesy

« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 02:45:24 AM by Perry » Logged

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2014, 05:12:41 PM »

Okay first off, it is Queen Consolidated that has the "Q" that looks like Quizno's
 Grin

Ep 8 - Ugh, more non-acting from the actress playing Helena. Was happy to see her ride off on that damn bike. Not a fan of her at all. And now step-pappa knows about another list? Uh-Oh.

Ep 9 - Merlyn! Finally. And I totally missed on who it would be. Not Tommy. I'm an idiot. Loved the explosive arrow/ explosive trapped room scene. More Deathstroke and they take Step-daddy? Yowza.

Ep 10 - FIREFLY!!! I liked this episode. However ... Ollies club burns? A brand new club that didn't have to have fire suppression? I mean, no sprinklers at all or anything?
 Cheesy

Ep11 - The dude from FARSCAPE!! And BLACKHAWK!!! Yea to both!!! One thing I will say about this show, they do a great F'n job of throwing aspects of their damn universe into the show, Something that SHIELD needs to take note of (though they have been getting better). Still, some of these scenes are just brutal to listen to. Just so damn bad.
 Grin
What really kills me is the motivation, the essence of these characters keeps changing. Guggenheim is the show runner, and like an editor he is suppose to keep this from happening, but ... yeah, he sucks. It is like ... if this were a comic series every issue (episode) would have a different writer that wants to take some characters into a different direction. The characters are just all over the damn place. No consistency at all.

Ep 12 - Acting here was less than steller, mainly from "Speedy", but love what they did with Count Vertigo. How he got his name was especially cool. Lots more soap opera turns, coming across as lack of cohesion more than twists, but still kinda fun.

The wife asked me "what the hell are you watching" and I could only shake my head. Cheesy

Also, really getting tired of Ollie being shown behind people after he shoots guns out of their hands. I mean, I can see the gun jerk to the left (or right) and fly from the hands, yet he is directly behind them when this happens? A "turn" arrow? Stop that. And oh yeah, why no two or three arrows at a time yet? Come on archer, Hawkeye can do it.
 Smiley

And the island has just gotten out of hand now. The China guy has turned and then turned, but they were after him yet he is part of their crew yet he saves Ollie and .... AARRGGHHH. Again, just too much. Much like my comments here ... this needs editor.
 Cheesy

Ep 13 - So Diggle finds out about momma and we see the real Slade Wilson (hahaha, just wrote Sam Wilson at first. The Falcon from Marvel is on the island now? Holy hell!  Grin). Another Island situation that is getting to large for the show. Just a mess. That said, I liked this episode.
 Cheesy

Onto episode 14

EDIT - Also forgot to express how much I am absolutely loving Felicity! She is the best thing about this show hands down. Great acting and great dialog for her so far.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 05:16:00 PM by Perry » Logged

EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2014, 06:18:22 PM »

Yeah, Felicity is a sweetheart. What nerd wouldn't like her?

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2014, 08:04:46 PM »

Yeah, Felicity is a sweetheart. What nerd wouldn't like her?

Right?  Smiley

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2014, 12:13:10 AM »

Look at you go Perry! Way to go!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2014, 09:59:39 AM »

Look at you go Perry! Way to go!!

Cheesy
Don't praise me too fast, Jimmy. The last two episodes were absolutely brutal to get through (still not finished). They keep up like this and I don't think I will make it to year two.
 Undecided

Ep 14 - The good. Touching on more aspects of the "Longbow Hunter" by Grell. The bad, almost everything else. I am just tired of this island story. I know that may be some of my leftover hatred from the putrid last two years of LOST, a show that started so great and spun into a nightmare with the last seasons, but whatever the reason, this island stuff is just not hitting for me. Just not good at all. Way too much spin and totally forgetting the only thing Oliver desires ... to get off the island. Its just jumped so many sharks now I keep looking for Fonz with a pair of skies.

Ep 15 - Okay, didn't see the purse snatcher being Roy Harper, that was a good one. However, I thought this show was about Green Arrow and not the FLASH. I mean the way these cops act they must be from Keystone City because I have not seen this ineptitude since the Keystone Cops.  Grin See what I did there? Three times now they have planned an assault or a sting and all three times they have lost the villain? Hell ... two of the times they let the bad guy escape through the back door? Really, you send no-one to guard the back F'n door? THE BACK DOOR?
 Roll Eyes
And then, this Jewel thief just slides open the glass door of the case and just takes the damn jewel in front of everyone? And then is able to place a neck bomb on Felicity and no-one notices that either?
 Roll Eyes
And then ... MORE ISLAND CRAP!!!
 Roll Eyes
Not even finished with the episode yet. Had to take a break. Oh boy ... getting hard to continue. Busted out about 6 episodes a day prior to these two, but this is a struggle now.

Off to try and end this. Will attempt to get through episode 15 today as well. Hopefully.

Roll Eyes

EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2014, 10:41:26 PM »

Man, 15 episodes in, and still hating it.

I know you say me trying it again with Season 2 is similar, but if it was me and I was hating it, I would have stopped a few episodes back. When I tried it again in Season 2, I liked what I saw immediately, and kept watching.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS