HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 03:51:45 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Planet of the Apes 4 premieres in theaters May 24, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Are There Reprints of These?  (Read 5247 times)
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« on: September 19, 2012, 06:45:10 AM »

I'm wondering because these books are pretty pricey. I know there's the DC Archives route, but those also can get a little pricey. I just really wanted to read these particular stories and was hoping there might be a cheaper alternative.

Thanks for any help!  Smiley

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 08:06:34 AM »

Only way I really know to get them cheap(er) would be the black & white, SHOWCASE PRESENTS versions (DC's version on ESSENTIALS). They go for about $17 retail.

SHOWCASE PRESENTS - JUSTICE LEAGUE of AMERICA (vol 2 collects issues 17-36)

Your GREEN LANTERN #40 can be found in Vol 3 of the GREEN LANTERN Showcase book.

All I can think of, unless digital route is an option

All I got off hand. Of course it is like 4 AM and I have been up all night, so don't just rely on my brain. It's suspect even in the best of times.
 Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 08:27:09 AM »

If you are looking to simply read the issues, check your local library. Many have DC Archives and trade paperbacks that  you can check out.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 12:19:30 PM »

If you are looking to simply read the issues, check your local library.

Good call. Just because my local library SUCKS (Only has Y- THE LAST MAN vol 3 and a few SANDMAN vols  Angry) doesn't mean the rest of the world has the same problem.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2012, 11:28:24 PM »

Well, I can't go to my local library. I've been going there since I was 11 years old, I'm now 29. They claim I stole a Trade Paperback, which I turned in with the rest of the books I turned in that visit. They want to charge me $60 for a $14.95 TPB in terrible beat-up condition. And despite the fact I was a member for years, they're not giving me the benefit of the doubt.

So unfortunately, that's not an option. Because I'm not paying 4 times the amount of a book, especially one I didn't actually take. I really wish it were, though.

If Showcase is my only option, then I'm pretty disappointed. Reading comics in B & W is something I just can't stomach. Guess the Archives is the best way to go for me.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2012, 12:41:53 AM »

If you are just looking for the JLA/JSA crossover books from the 70's/80's they were all collected in the "Crisis on Multple Earths" trade paperbacks.  I had all 5 of them but I think I sold them all on eBay.  I'll double check my collection just to be sure.

In any case you can pick them up at instocktrades.com for a little under $8.50 each.  Clicky link below.

http://www.instocktrades.com/search/Crisis%20on%20multiple%20earths

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2012, 12:50:19 AM »

Reading comics in B & W is something I just can't stomach.

Sorry for your loss. You're missing some great stuff

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS