HR Boards
March 19, 2024, 06:09:58 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Transformers: A New Generation premieres in theaters September 13, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Uncanny Avengers  (Read 16962 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2014, 05:42:38 AM »

I'll be picking this back up when issue 26 hits Marvel Unlimited.

You mean issue #1 (You know it's Marvel. It just got re-launched)   Grin

Lol. I knew it was getting a new member roster but didn't realize they were renumbering.  Should have figured that and definitely not surprised!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2014, 04:30:00 PM »

As for the new team ... I kinda like Peidro and Wanda being back together on a team, and Brother Voodoo is ... okay (no Stephen Strange  Wink) and Vision is, well, fantastic news and Remender is already writing Cap so his inclusion is a no brainer (expect a cross-over soon), but just not a huge fan of Sabretooth or Rouge. Of course Rogue was a much needed plot device in the last run, but I think Remender just likes her anyway where I am just not that huge a fan.

Still looking forward to it though

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2017, 08:45:32 PM »

Issues #24 and #25

This book is still steadily impress me. I am soi glad some one twisted my arm (IE I lost a bet) and had to ... decided to try this title again.

The team, now pulled apart more than ever, are actually starting to work well with each other. And I am also excited to see that there may be two additional members of this team that I did not expect and yeah, I am digging it. They may not, but the way these two issues went, I have a feeling that both
Shocker and Scorpia
may soon join up. I've already said too much so I won't go into why I think that, but you can read it and you will see.
 Wink

The art in the first half of issue #25 was also really nice and I hope they stay on for a long time. It maybe the same artist as #24, but as I no longer have access to the issues and issue #25 had about 3 different pencilers listed on the cover (or at least two), I am not sure who did what and if they were there or not. Yes, I can't remember the art from issue #24 from a couple days ago either. Sad I know.
 Grin

They only thing I would change about this book is Pietro's costume (I have hated that damn F.F button since the first time I saw it ... made me honestly think (along with Deadpool being involved) that this most recent incarnation of Uncanny Avengers was going to be a humor book, because who ... I say who, would ever think that having a freaking fast forward symbol on a guy that can run fast is a good idea? Oh sure, it SOUNDS great in your mind  Grin, but hell no, it doesn't look great on the paper.
 Angry

Anyway, waiting for this team to settle in here soon (I hope) and for that penciler that I like to hopefully stay on. whoever that is and even if they are already on the title
 Grin

7 outta 10 - induced mystical vomiting
  Cheesy Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2017, 08:02:53 PM »

Kim Jacinto? Never heard of her/him? for artist.

Where is Pepe? That guy was great too!! Okay, I checked, Pepe did 23, and Jacinto did 24. A fill in, but a fill in that Perry loves? Also, Duggan is done at issue 23? Jim Zub takes over? Hmm...

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2017, 12:30:43 PM »

... and Jacinto did 24. A fill in, but a fill in that Perry loves?

Well, I enjoyed it for sure. Not because it was perfect, but it had a style (especially on page 2 or 3) that was very Jerome Opena like and I think that carried well here, with the past being what it is and all.
 Smiley

Also, Duggan is done at issue 23? Jim Zub takes over? Hmm...

Was that when it happened? I knew he left after the close of that last arc, but wasn't sure when. And I am, so far, digging what Zub is laying down.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2017, 12:48:03 AM »

Issue 21

was solicited to be a showdown between Cable and Red Skull! Excellent!!

They changed the issue. Or got the solicit wrong. Didn't happen.

Dammit. Sad

Still great and good! Way to go 'Pool!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS