HR Boards
March 19, 2024, 09:14:37 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Hunger Games: Songbird and Snakes premieres in theaters November 17, 2023.
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: ROYALS  (Read 4322 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: July 14, 2017, 09:48:27 PM »

Also (I just posted in the X-men thread) I am very excited to hear the Javier Rodriquez will be coming on Royals here soon. I just loved his work on Spider-Woman and the art there currently is just too cartoony for me. Not that he is realistic in his approach, but I like his style more than what is there currently, for sure.

Two great pieces of news so far!!

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2017, 12:57:22 PM »

Well, I have to say I enjoyed most of this series, even though the art quickly went sour when Javier was replaced on art with ... I forgot his name, but he just left Spawn and then Teen Titans to start here ... and he is now off the title (which was good news).

However, last issue was the end of the line for me. Medusa's character has once again been raked across the coals and I can take it no longer. It was bad enough, though life being what it is I could somewhat see it happening, when she jumped in the sack with Johnny Storm. He had been sniffing around for awhile and with her marraige being on the rocks ... yeah, okay, she hooks up with Storm. *sigh* Okay. Okay, fine. Okay (still didn't like t much, honestly, as you can tell)

But now? After issue #8 of this title her glory, her majesty is now thrown in the gutter and it will take years or another Marvel Event that wipes all this away and brings us to the 8th incarnation of the Marvel U for me to look at her the same way. She is dead to me now. As much as I am enjoying her husband's ex-husbands title (be sure to check out Black Bolt when it hits MU) she is now pushed herself, and by association, her title "Royals" down the drain pipe of crap that I shall not read again.

Medusa, the Queen of the Inhumans, the epitome of regal visage,
just slept with Gorgon. F'n Gorgon? And just because he said, oh so suddenly, that he has eyes for her? WTlivingF?? BULLSHIT!!!!!! Just killed two characters for me with on damn panel.

See Marvel, you're right, when you break-up marriages and end long term relationships it adds more story ideas. Who cares if they are all craptastic shit!!!!

BOOOO I say. Boooo
 Angry Angry Angry
 Angry Angry Angry
 Angry Angry
 Angry

And no, this isn't "fan outrage". I get things happen. See the above Storm reference? I meant that. I didn't like, but I could see it happening. But this? HELL NO!!!!!
No way
No way in hell does this happen.
When characters go the way they would never go, the writers and industry always slams us, the readers, for not allowing fictional storytelling to happen, and I understand that, I do, but every once in-awhile, there comes a situation that is so damn out of character that I can only express anger an the idea of it all. Just like Peter and Mary Jane, no matter what they say ... still total bullshit ... this is yet another.

Someone is just ...
never-mind.
I am out.
 Angry Angry Angry Angry

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2017, 07:26:19 PM »

WHAT

THE

F---!!!!

Ugh.

Game of Throne works, because, well, it's Game of Thrones. And the worst aspects of the books started to get dropped in the tv series because of complaints.

No established Marvel-or DC-property is Game of Thrones. This should not have been so either.

It just continues to remind me that when writing women, (male) writers can only have them be affected in a life change due to a rape/sex act. No, from what you just said Perry, this is despicable.

And WTF Johnny!! REALLY?!

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS