HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 09:34:13 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Joker 2 premieres in theaters October 4, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: All New X-Men  (Read 8642 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: August 23, 2012, 11:31:27 PM »

ALL-NEW X-MEN #1 & #2
BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (W) • STUART IMMONEN (A&C)
Variant Cover by JOE QUESADA
Sketch Variant by JOE QUESADA
Variant Cover by TBA
Young Baby Variant by SKOTTIE YOUNG
Blank Cover Variant also available (#1)
Issue Two Variant Cover by TBA
It’s a blast from the past as the original five students of Professor X – Cyclops, Marvel Girl, Iceman, Angel and Beast – are plucked from the past and brought to the present. But what they find, the state that their future selves are in and the state of Xavier’s dream, is far from the future they dreamed of. And how will the X-Men of the present deal with their past coming crashing forward?
32 PGS. (EACH)/Rated T+ ...$3.99 (EACH)

I've always wanted to read Bendis doing the X-Men but I'm not wild about the premis on this.  Never the less I'll give it a shot.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 02:29:09 AM »

Not a fan of Bendis doing team books (he excels with solo or limited characters), but had to give the first issue a shot. See if he brings the fire back to heart that I once held for the X or do I retain my mutant hating ass.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 11:57:43 PM »

I'm normally not an X-Men fan. But I'm such a sucker for time-travel stories and I have this one ordered up to the current orders.

EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2012, 09:26:34 PM »

So, what did everyone think?

I'm not a big X-Men fan, yet I still really enjoyed this issue. I'm on board for this series. I love that it's asking the questions that many longtime X-Men fans are probably asking. Especially the question, "What the hell has happened to the X-Men? Do they even stand for what they set out to do anymore?"

The one thing that really bothered me though, is that modern-day Beast decides to travel back in time to meet with the original X-Men team; and he just does it. There's no effort or even an explanation scientific or otherwise as to how he accomplished this. That part seemed like some lazy writing to me.

Regardless, the story itself was still good and I can't wait to see what's gonna happen next.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2012, 04:17:01 AM »

I liked it too.  Interesting idea and can't wait to see what the old selves think.  What fascinates me is that it's a twist on the normal time travel stories where the team travels to some twisted future.  This is the view from te other side where our present it is actually the twisted future of someone else.

I'm happy to see ill have an x-men book in my pull beyond x-factor.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
sinisteri
HR Super Hero

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2012, 03:27:49 AM »

For now,

I just assumed he used Reed Richard's time machine. Remember back in the day when everyone would borrow it at the drop of a hat?

A man is the sum of his memories,
A Time Lord even moreso.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2013, 04:18:35 PM »

I just read issues 5 & 6 and I'm wanting to put this back on pull list.

This is actually a fun little tale.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2014, 03:27:29 PM »

ALL NEW X-MEN #27

The Brotherhood of Mutants from the future are back and this issue we get to find out who Xavier Jr's mom is.

Spoilers for those who want to know:
Mystique.  Looks like Charles knocked her up at some point recently before his death.  She had the baby last year and gave it up as she was in no position to care for him.  She's shape changed in the form of Moria MacTaggart while giving birth so I think they are implying Charles did not know he was with Mystique.  Also turns out the blue guy (Raze) is his brother.

This remains a fun read from month to month and I've completely blown off the obvious time paradox its created.  I don't really care anymore because it's just a fun book.  Love that Kitty Pryde is training them considering when I started reading X-Men Kitty was the newbie being trained by Cyclops.

Now I do have to say the scene with Cyclops and young Jean Grey in her bedroom was borderline creepy.  Not sure it was deserved, but it was nice seeing Kitty give Cyke the "what for".   Cheesy

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2016, 02:12:49 PM »

Not that All-New X-Men, but this All-New X-Men
 Cheesy

Issue #14

You can tell that the change is around the corner. That and you can tell that the writers were told not to make many waves in their titles as, just like all the stories so far (except for the much better Uncanny X-Men) these X-Books are just staying afloat more than telling great stories. This is no difference.

Maybe fans of Cyclops will enjoy this issue. It is Cyclops centric, and the story is light-hearted enough to please most fans that desire a break from impactful stories, so yeah, for that, it is good. But there is nothing here really. A story that can be thrown in, non-offensive in any way, with an ending that leads into the next issue.

This is the picture of a in the middle comic. Nothing overly bad, nothing overtly good, just here.

5 outta 10 game controllers
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS