HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 12:35:16 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Dune: Part Two premieres in theaters March 15, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Are You Buying More or Less DC Comics Since The New 52 Started?  (Read 4240 times)
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« on: August 09, 2012, 05:12:46 AM »

Are You Buying More or Less DC Comics Since The New 52 Started?

For me, it's less; FAR less than before The New 52 began.

At first, I started off strong with it. I picked up all 3 Green Lantern books, Red Lanterns, Justice League, Justice League International, both Superman books, and I even checked out Captain Atom and Savage Hawkman.

But then I started dropping more and more. I didn't stick with Red Lanterns, Justice League International, or Captain Atom after the first issues. I didn't stick with Savage Hawkman after the first issue, either, but looking back I probably should have since it seemed to have the most action (now that Liefeld is on the book, I don't want to drop-in, but I'll check out the first few issues). I stuck with Justice League and both Superman books with the hopes that they would get better, considering the talent working on those books. But after a while, I dropped those too. Justice League International I was very disappointed with because I was loving Justice League: Generation Lost that was running before DC New 52 began. And Justice League simply has no excuse for the bland and boring quality that they've been putting out. DC has arguably the best penciller and the best writer in the business today on the biggest team in comics. It should be a monumentally awesome book...and it's not.

So now I'm down to just the 3 Green Lantern books, which ironically the GL Universe was barely touched by The New 52, and Earth 2. Which I'm not particularly liking the changes on Earth 2, but I'm in love with the characters enough to give these new versions a shot. And the storytelling hasn't been bad on Earth 2, even if I'm not liking the historical changes to the characters.

G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 06:00:45 AM »

Less.  Wayyyyyyy lessss......

I gave almost all the new 52 a fair shot, and Batman is the only book that I look forward to....

Incredibly unfortunate.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 11:35:00 AM »

Batman is definately the best book of the new 52.  Detective, Legion of Super Heroes, Ravagers, Aquaman, and Suicide Squad aren't bad either.  Green Lantern is the only GL book I'm currently getting but I'm planning on dropping it with the next pre order.

I could live without getting any of these except Batman.

I tried a lot of the new 52 and quickly dropped down to a handful. Animal man and Swamp Thing were fun for awhile but I eventually lost interest in the horror aspect if those books.  If your a horror fan I would reccomended them to you.

I also tried Justice League International hoping it would continue the awesomeness that was Generation Lost.  Sadly that great history was wiped out and we were left with a very sub par book.

Justice League is indeed the biggest disappointment.  Geoff Johns and Jim Lee should be hitting it out of the park with that book but it really is boring.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS