HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 10:49:25 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Spiderverse 3 premieres in theaters March 29, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What Comics Have You Picked Up Recently?  (Read 40460 times)
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #60 on: November 10, 2013, 04:15:24 AM »

I picked up a TPB of "Camelot 3000" at Mr.K's used bookstore last week for $5.

EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #61 on: December 28, 2013, 11:45:39 PM »

I picked up a TPB of "Camelot 3000" at Mr.K's used bookstore last week for $5.

I've always been curious about that series, but haven't come across it.

Alpha Comics came through and tracked down this entire storyline for me (including a bunch of issues in-between not shown below)! Can't wait to read it when it gets here:

I also recently got the Mirror Universe Saga TPB, and "Who Killed Captain Kirk?" TPB came free with it!

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #62 on: December 29, 2013, 04:32:12 PM »

I know you've been after those issues for awhile, so congrats.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #63 on: December 29, 2013, 04:51:55 PM »

mile high comics is having a 65% off sale (with a code, natch) and I ordered the following:

ALL-STAR SQUADRON#34                                                                                                                                         ARAK#1                                                                                                                                                     ARAK#4                                  
ARAK #5                              
ARAK #7                              
ARAK #8                                  
ARAK #9                              
ARAK #10                              
ARAK #11                              
ARAK #12                              
ARAK #13                              
ARAK #15                              
ARAK #16                                
ARAK #17                              
ARAK #19                              
ARAK #28                                
ARAK #29                              
ARAK #30                                
ARAK #31                              
ARAK #32                            
ARAK #33                            
ARAK #34                          
ARAK #35                              
ARAK #36                              
ARAK #42                            
ARAK #44                            
ARION SPECIAL (1985) #1                
MICRONAUTS (1979) #9                      
MICRONAUTS (1979) #11                      
MICRONAUTS (1979) #12                      
MICRONAUTS (1979) #13                  
MICRONAUTS (1979) #15                    
MICRONAUTS (1979) #29                  
MICRONAUTS (1979) #30                        
MICRONAUTS (1979) #34                      
MICRONAUTS (1979) #36                      
MICRONAUTS (1979) #38                  
MICRONAUTS (1979) #40                      
MICRONAUTS (1979) #48
ROM (1979) #28                            
ROM (1979) #36
ROM (1979) #45                            
ROM (1979) #49                            
ROM (1979) #56                            
ROM (1979) #58
ROM (1979) #61                              
ROM (1979) #63                              
ROM (1979) #64                            

all for $26.85

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #64 on: December 29, 2013, 07:47:07 PM »

Crikeys~ ! Nice buys!

Me; I've just been moving into trades, and going after the best Avengers title currently-Uncanny Avengers! (Vol 1, HC)

And also,

Aquaman Vol 2,3, HC
Earth-2 HC
WW Vol 1,2 HC
Batman Vol 2 HC

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #65 on: December 30, 2013, 04:48:57 AM »

I would live it have that ROM run. Nice find!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #66 on: January 25, 2014, 07:12:09 PM »

Picked up some stuff on CCL today:

-Amazing Spider-Man #397, 398 & 409 (which finishes my Clone Saga full-run! Awesome!)
-Fury of Firestorm #41 & 42 (COIE tie-ins)
-New Teen Titans (v2) #13 & 14 (COIE tie-ins)
-Superman #414 & 415 (COIE tie-ins)

And a few other filler titles for my collection. But those were the important ones since the Amazing Spider-Man purchases finishes my Clone Saga collection. And the COIE tie-in issues nearly do the same for that set.

And I need just 2 issues (out of 7) from the Infinity Inc. COIE tie-is, 3 more All-Star Squadrons (out of 7), and 3 Wonder Womans (which are all of them for WW, those have proven a little hard to track down out there). I even have the later Legends of the DC Universe Crisis Special that flew under a lot of people's radar and both Crisis Indexes. The original Crisis was one of the greatest super-hero stories ever told as far as I'm concerned, so this makes me happy!

jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #67 on: January 25, 2014, 07:19:29 PM »

Crikeys~ ! Nice buys!

Me; I've just been moving into trades, and going after the best Avengers title currently-Uncanny Avengers! (Vol 1, HC)

And also,

Aquaman Vol 2,3, HC
Earth-2 HC
WW Vol 1,2 HC
Batman Vol 2 HC

thanks!  since dropping all new marvel and DC titles I have been trying to get full runs of older 70s and 80s series that I have heard about and think I would enjoy.  I recently completed runs of the first she-hulk series, powerman and powerman/iron fist, machine man, super villain team up and arion, lord of atlantis.  I have been working on sets of ROM, all star squadron, warlord, and master of kung fu for a few years now. 

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #68 on: January 25, 2014, 09:47:16 PM »

And nothing wrong with those books, for sure  Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #69 on: January 25, 2014, 11:16:57 PM »

-Amazing Spider-Man #397, 398 & 409 (which finishes my Clone Saga full-run! Awesome!)

And a few other filler titles for my collection. But those were the important ones since the Amazing Spider-Man purchases finishes my Clone Saga collection. And the COIE tie-in issues nearly do the same for that set.

And I need just 2 issues (out of 7) from the Infinity Inc. COIE tie-is, 3 more All-Star Squadrons (out of 7), and 3 Wonder Womans (which are all of them for WW, those have proven a little hard to track down out there). I even have the later Legends of the DC Universe Crisis Special that flew under a lot of people's radar and both Crisis Indexes. The original Crisis was one of the greatest super-hero stories ever told as far as I'm concerned, so this makes me happy!

Darn, I wish I had known.  I think I have those Firestorms I could have sent you for free.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #70 on: January 25, 2014, 11:34:10 PM »

Darn, I wish I had known.  I think I have those Firestorms I could have sent you for free.

Thanks, but no worries. They were both a dollar a piece.

EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #71 on: March 03, 2014, 07:31:15 AM »

Just sold a couple things on eBay, and used the money for back-issues.

Filled in a lot of my JSA, All-Star Squadron, and JLA holes. I also got some more Crisis on Infinite Earths Tie-In Issues (1st appearance of The Monitor & 1st appearance of Lyla (Harbinger), among them).

Can't wait to read JLA: The Century War, JLA: Golden Perfect, and JLA: The Obsidian Age.

I also got a JSA story I'm looking forward to that fell under my radar somehow the first time around: Kingdom Coming which starts in the last 2 issues of "Magog" and end in the Justice Society of America Special. Supposedly the events leading to Kingdom Come are starting to unfold and the JSA has to stop it from happening.

EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #72 on: March 27, 2014, 12:20:30 AM »

My latest purchase. It's the TPB. Can't wait for it to get here. I've been wanting to read this baby for quite a while, now.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #73 on: March 27, 2014, 02:50:50 AM »

I actually liked Abyss. I thought it was very well done (considering some of Starlin's, well, decline as he is an aged pro.)

I really dig it.

I just won auctions for the entirety of Rucka's run on Wonder Woman, I have all the HCs I want up to date, and I'm still selling and eyeing up MIllar/Hickman's FF runs in tpb, as well as Fractions good Iron Man tpb work (no Fear itself tie in crap).

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #74 on: March 27, 2014, 12:22:27 PM »

... as well as Fractions good Iron Man tpb work

Yes, Fear itself tie-ins aside, one of the best Iron Man runs ever!!! He and Salvador just hit it out of the freaking park.

That and ... even though his Thor run sucked ass, for me at least ... his Thor one-shots, which were set up almost like a mini-series, were some of the best Thor I had ever read as well.

Thor - God Size Special, Thor - Ages of Thunder, Thor - Man of War and Thor - Reign of Blood
Iron Man - 1-33, 500-503 (Stopped reading after that)
Immortal Iron Fist - 1-16
Hawkeye - 1-15 (stopped after that)

Those are the four best Fraction runs ever and the only things you need to read of his, in my humble opinion. Casanova and Sex Criminals not included
 Grin

Funny thing is, as much as I loved all of those titles, as much as any fan could, I have absolutely hated most everything else Fraction did at Marvel ... that I have read.

Defenders?
Thor?
Fear Itself?
Avengers vs X-Men?
Fantastic Four?

All of those are just not good at all, as far as I'm concerned.

The Order? I was just not into it, not really "bad, I suppose

Anyway ... sorry for the hijack.
 Cheesy

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS