HR Boards
March 19, 2024, 05:55:56 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Gladiator 2 premieres in theaters November 22, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What Was The Last Movie/Anime You Watched?  (Read 72835 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2013, 01:31:29 PM »

Always liked Lawless ... even though "singer" is not really a hard thing to be when you use that damn voice box.  Grin Made everyone of their songs sound the same, but I stopped buying after the release of "I'm blind in Texas" (whatever that album was on ... been many years). Still occasionally put "Sleep in the Fire" on my Grooveshark playlist though.
 Wink

His role in this was certainly short, however. And I agree, horrible movie.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2013, 04:52:48 PM »

007: Goldfinger

Still awesome to this day! Sean Connery is Bond, all others are pretenders!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 08:43:13 PM by EmeraldWarrior420 » Logged

EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2013, 08:02:09 PM »

Watched Wrath of the Titans last night, the sequel to the Clash of the Titans remake. A rare case of the sequel being better than the first movie.

It was VERY good. If you're into fantasy movies, then you have to check this movie out! Great fantasy story based on Greek mythology and the Gods. Awesome special effects. And lots of action. I highly recommend this one to anyone into these kind of movies.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2013, 02:30:43 PM »

A rare case of the sequel being better than the first movie.

It was VERY good.

Wow. I know we disagree a lot, so I shouldn't be surprised  Wink, but wow. This movie was, to borrow a Yiddish term, Drek. Horrible movie. HORRIBLE. Another case of a great idea and special effects trying to make the movie, while the acting, dialog and directing brings it crashing to Earth. Dear god, man, really?

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2013, 05:13:22 PM »

A rare case of the sequel being better than the first movie.

It was VERY good.

Wow. I know we disagree a lot, so I shouldn't be surprised  Wink, but wow. This movie was, to borrow a Yiddish term, Drek. Horrible movie. HORRIBLE. Another case of a great idea and special effects trying to make the movie, while the acting, dialog and directing brings it crashing to Earth. Dear god, man, really?

Are you sure you aren't thinking of the Clash of the Titans remake?

If that was the case, then I agree. The original was so much better than the remake. But I think this sequel (Wrath) was very well done, with a lot of great action scenes and a tight-knit story that kept focused. While the Clash of the Titans remake was all over the place with the story and more focused on wowing you with special effects.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2013, 07:13:44 PM »

No, no. As a huge fan of the original and Mythology as a whole, I've (unfortunately) seen them both and found both to be drivel.

But hey, like everything, we all can't like the same stuff. I'm glad you got enjoyment out of it.  Smiley

G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2013, 06:20:21 AM »

Out of the two recent Titans movies, I actually like the first one better, but for different reasons.....Gemma Arterton!

EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2013, 05:33:57 AM »

My dad showed me an episode of the old black & white movie serial "Captain Video and his Video Rangers". About as cheesy as it can possibly get. But that kind of gave it a likable charm that made it bearable to watch:

Whenever the aliens (the guys in leather armor and helmets) showed up, the camera had a red tint, because of course they were in a different atmosphere on a different planet.

The scenes with the rocket in it, were hand-drawn animation, lol. And every line was given with the emotional impact of this guy from the Dry Eyes commercials:

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2013, 12:31:39 PM »

... And every line was given with the emotional impact of this guy from the Dry Eyes commercials:

Youngin's ... I swear.
The great Ben Stein relegated to being 'the guy from that commercial'.   Smiley

But, then again, as I hold almost the exact opposite political views as Stein, I guess his name fading from memory is not a bad thing.
  Wink

Of course now all I can hear is him doing that damn roll call ... "Bueller ... Bueller ..."
 Cheesy

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2013, 03:35:41 PM »

Finally got to see DREDD last night. Started pretty scary as it had that 80's movie vibe to it, but it quickly righted itself into a very solid Dredd flick. Will not even compare it to the Dredd "that shall not be named", as this has made that "movie?" something I can just push from my brain now and forget it ever existed.

Well worth the time and may actually watch again if I come across it.

EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2013, 03:27:45 AM »

The Superman: Unbound animated movie.

Meh, whatever. It was average.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2013, 03:01:38 PM »

I agree. It did succeed in getting me to read the comic version (Brainiac) and found THAT to be much better.

G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2013, 04:17:50 AM »

Finally got to see DREDD last night. Started pretty scary as it had that 80's movie vibe to it, but it quickly righted itself into a very solid Dredd flick. Will not even compare it to the Dredd "that shall not be named", as this has made that "movie?" something I can just push from my brain now and forget it ever existed.

Well worth the time and may actually watch again if I come across it.

What? You didn't like the Stallone Dredd? It's not the greatest, but it's one of those movies I can't stop watching if it's on....hahaha.....

Next you're gonna tell me you don't like Demolition Man..... Undecided

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2013, 09:18:32 AM »

What? You didn't like the Stallone Dredd?

Will not even compare it to the Dredd "that shall not be named"

Angry

Grin

Next you're gonna tell me you don't like Demolition Man..... Undecided
I would never do that ... I can't mention THAT movie either.
 Wink

EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2013, 05:13:37 PM »

Judge Dredd was pretty cheesy, but in a good way at certain points.

Demolition Man was just pure action-goodness, though.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 08:02:26 PM by EmeraldWarrior420 » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS