HR Boards
March 19, 2024, 02:51:58 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Joker 2 premieres in theaters October 4, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What Was The Last Movie/Anime You Watched?  (Read 72834 times)
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« on: July 31, 2012, 04:05:29 AM »

The thread to tell us the last movie you watched and you thoughts or short synopsis of it, or whatever you want to say about it.

Here's the last few I watched:

Great movie that I recommend all Batman fans to go see. Worthy ending to the trilogy. But I still thing the first 2 Batman movies were better. Now let's see a Justice League of America movie!

Pretty freaking funny.

Great, eerie, creepy, atmospheric movie. They just don't make em like this anymore. All science fiction fans should see this one. Nothing trying to be slick or stylistic in this one, just trying to tell a good story.

Terrible. Just awful. Who greenlit this piece of crap and did that person even see the masterpieces that were the first 3 Alien movies? And you know what's funny? Guess who wrote it? Joss Whedon. He obviously had some growing (so to speak) to do, still.

And the creature that's suppose to wow us all, just looks laughable, not terrifying:

Better than I was expecting. Very atmospheric, high-production values, good special effects, a good cast, and action-packed throughout. Nothing unique or groundbreaking, but a fun action movie. And it was respectful to the source material.

Great anime from the 90s. Violent, yet engaging, how all the great anime of the 80s and 90s is. I wish they still made them like this. This has inspired an anime phase for me. I'm gonna re-watch Record of Lodoss War after this, and The Guyver after that.

EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 11:20:21 PM »

Stargate. I saw it years ago when it was new. I liked it, but not as much as I did this time. After seeing the T.V. show, there's more meaning behind a lot of it, which made it that more entertaining.

EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2012, 06:26:28 PM »

Still awesome! Now I have to watch Conan: The Destroyer, followed by the Kull the Conqueror (the script was originally supposed to be for Conan: The Conqueror).

Tokyo Vigilante #1
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 10:26:59 PM »

Last film was Dark Knight Rises which I FINALLY saw this week.  It was my favorite of the trilogy. 

Ironically, Batman feels like the least human of all the DC characters to me at times.  So this film finally made me connect w/t him beyond the "hey look at the cool thing he did" or "look at that cool 'toy' he has" factors.

Still awesome! Now I have to watch Conan: The Destroyer, followed by the Kull the Conqueror (the script was originally supposed to be for Conan: The Conqueror).

Conan The Barbarian is still pretty great!  The Destroyer has some rough points, but I still get a kick out of the mirror breaking scene.

I don't think I can revisit Kull.  Though last year I heard an audio book of Howard's Kull stories, which was quite excellent - highly recommend.
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2012, 10:39:56 PM »

^ I rewatched it and I still I love Conan the Destroyer, too. I think it's a great follow-up to Conan: The Barbarian. Not as cool as the origin story of The Barbarian, but it would be hard to top it.

I haven't watched Kull: The Conqueror again, yet. But I remember enjoying it when it came out. I think I was like 11 or 12.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2012, 04:10:47 PM »

Just saw PROMETHEUS.

Really enjoyed it. Loved the
idea of two different fractions of alien giants. One sacrificed to start humanity and one with the goal of eliminating that growth.
Pretty cool

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2012, 07:38:56 PM »

Pretty good. A thinly disguised super-hero movie, but that didn't bother me one bit. Some cool looking scenes and a pretty good superhuman battle at the end.

But it is all done in that "amateur" style that Cloverfield and Blair Witch is done in (with less camera shakiness), so if you're not into that, you may not like it.

EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2012, 04:49:57 AM »

Pretty good I thought. But this one is definetly for Resident Evil fans, not the casual horror movie fan.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2012, 02:05:05 PM »

Just watched COWBOYS AND ALIENS on HBO.
Not at all as bad as I was hearing. I mean, not a great movie, but certainly worth a lazy day on the couch. Still enjoy the hell outta Daniel Craig as an actor ... have ever since his Bond, which I was sure I was going to hate.
 Cheesy
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 02:25:21 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2012, 02:58:38 AM »

Who said it was bad?  Everyone I know liked it - including me!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2012, 12:25:23 PM »

Just general talk.  Meta-critic, IMDB, etc ...

It was pretty much panned when it was in theaters as well

EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2012, 06:35:35 AM »

Terminator: Salvation

This was my 2nd viewing of it. I don't understand all the hate it gets. It was a solid action movie, IMO. It doesn't have the low-budget charm of the 1st movie, and it's not as spectacular as the 2nd film (hell, I can't think of ANY action movie better than T2); however it made a great post-apocalyptic tale set in the Terminator Universe. And it gave me what I've wanted from a Terminator film ever since seeing the few future scenes in the first 2 movies, a Terminator film set in the future. Great special effects, and cool robots to boot. And it was certainly better than T3.

And

Cabin in the Woods

Pretty good. Basically a horror fan's love letter to the genre.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2012, 10:33:31 PM »

Not sure why it took me so long to see this.

Funny as hell, with a strong dramatic side.

8 out of 10 Hitmen

EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2012, 03:35:44 AM »

Snow White and The Huntsman

Pretty damn good. If you're a fantasy fan, you need to check this one out. Some amazing visuals here.

EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2013, 08:55:36 AM »

Dungeonmaster (1985)

So terrible. So incredibly terrible. It's obviously a low-budget movie from the terrible special effects and laugh-out-loud costumes. The story is hokey, and the acting seems like it's from a local high school drama club. Don't ever come near this movie.

I was curious because I had heard it starred Blackie Lawless, who is the lead-singer of the 80s band W.A.S.P. "Starred" is used loosely as he has a small role.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS