HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 09:08:14 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Dune: Part Two premieres in theaters March 15, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Guardians of the Galaxy  (Read 7377 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: July 15, 2012, 08:31:00 PM »

But which team is it? The original or Abnett & Lannings?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2012, 08:33:50 PM »

According to the concept art ...

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 12:17:20 AM »

i havent read the newer version of the group...but i can't help but feel like this is not going to do well.  this isn't a globally known property and isn't even a bigger marvel property.  i don't know if the general public is ready for rocket raccoon.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 02:13:17 AM »

No-one should be ready for the greatness that is Rocket Raccoon!!!! His amazing'ness should stealthily sneak up and hit you like a sledge hammer to the temple, leaving you concussed and groggy with the pure incredible'osity that could only come from the master rodent.

Nuff' Said.

Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2012, 04:14:02 AM »

If it's as good as the comic then i'm not worried.  I thought Rocket Raccoon was going to be dumb but he fast became one of my favorite Guardians.  Especially because of his interactions with Groot.

i'm psyched with that concept art!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2012, 08:27:11 PM »

ok...so i recognize drax and of course RR...who are the others?

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2012, 11:49:12 PM »

Left to right:  Drax, Groot, Star Lord, Rocket Racoon, and Gamorra.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 02:53:23 AM by Jeff » Logged

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2012, 12:12:20 AM »

ok...so i recognize drax and of course RR...who are the others?

Shocked

Go find a copy and read the RR/Groot interactions. You are missing out.

I AM GROOT !!!!!!  Cheesy

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2012, 02:54:25 AM »

I AM GROOT!

Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2012, 02:55:22 AM »

I AM GROOT!

I love how that one phrase can mean nearly anything and Rocket understands it all...sort of like the lovely people from Marklar.
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2012, 02:51:06 AM »

Cosmic Marvel action on the big-screen? I can't wait to see this one!

I just wonder if they're gonna have Rocket Raccoon and if they're gonna be able to pull it off.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2012, 02:15:31 AM »

The guy who did Scooby Doo?  I'm officially nervous.   Angry

------------------

The Hollywood Reporter is pegging director James Gunn as Marvel Studios' choice to direct 2014’s Guardians of the Galaxy.

According to the Hollywood trade, after an lengthy search that included Peyton Reed (Bring It On) and the Half Nelson team of Ryan Fleck and Anna Boden, Marvel is now talking exclusively with Gunn.

Gunn, who wrote the two live-action Scooby Doo feature films, has two low-budget, indie genre movies under his directorial belt, including the horror comedy Slither and Super, a film that starred Rain Wilson as a regular “schlub” who decides to become a superhero despite not having any superpowers. That latter film made less than $1m at the domestic box office in 2010, but Gunn is said to have a cult following.

“Marvel is said to like Gunn's sensibility and his ability to mix comedy elements with action and horror, a quality he shares with The Avengers director Joss Whedon,” reports THR Saturday afternoon, who added Marvel declined to comment for their story.

Guardians, which is currently being rewritten by Chris McCoy, will (according to a log line that surfaced earlier this week) be about, “a U.S. pilot who ends up in space in the middle of a universal conflict and goes on the run with futuristic ex-cons who have something everyone wants."

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2012, 02:57:35 AM »

Relax a little my friend. As the article said, he also did THIS.

One of the best homages to "b" horror films. Pure silly, over-the-top, awesome gore (which I am not usually a fan of, but here as for what it is, was great) and humor with a great cast.

SUPER, from what I was told, was also a really good movie. I have yet to see it though.

(And I enjoyed the first Scooby  Grin)

I am curious about - "and goes on the run with futuristic ex-cons who have something everyone wants" however. What could that be? Soul Gems? The "him" cocoon? Cap's shield?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS