HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 12:04:53 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Captain America: New World Order premieres in theaters February 14, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: My Top Films of... 2010...?  (Read 5553 times)
Tokyo Vigilante #1
HR Celestial

« on: December 30, 2011, 12:40:55 AM »

Why 2010 when we're almost in 2012?

Good question for which I have a stupid answer.

All year I was planning on posting my top films of 2010 and just never got around to it.  Kept forgetting and kept putting it off.  And the longer I put it off the dumber it seemed to bother.

Yet, since this year was pretty low in quality next to last year - I will say Drive was awesome though - I figure why not reflect on 2010's greatness.

Best
1.)   Scott Pilgrim vs. The World
2.)   127 Hours
3.)   The Social Network
4.)   The King’s Speech
5.)   It’s Kind of a Funny Story
6.)   Easy A
7.)   MacGruber
8.)   True Grit
9.)   Predators
10.)   Black Swan

Worst
1.)   Jonah Hex
2.)   Machete

Most Underrated
1.)   MacGruber
2.)   Predators

Most Overrated
1.)   Kick-Ass
2.)   Inception
Ed209
HR Super Hero

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 01:22:32 AM »

I'm not anyone to suggest anyone else's opinion is wrong, but having MacGruber and Easy A rated higher than True Grit? Huh  Whatever crumbles your cookie, man.   

And for the record, I loved Inception.  Not overrated at all, in my book. 
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 05:46:34 PM »

Inception overrated? Hardly..... Grin

Predators was ok, but the first one is still the best....

I can only comment on what I've seen, so my list would include the following in no particular order:

Inception
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World
Tangled
Monsters
The Other Guys
Easy A
Toy Story 3
Let Me In
The King's Speech
The Social Network
True Grit
Black Swan

Tokyo Vigilante #1
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2012, 08:24:27 PM »

I'm not anyone to suggest anyone else's opinion is wrong, but having MacGruber and Easy A rated higher than True Grit? Huh 

Yes, no question.

You see the older I get the harder it is for comedy to work on me.  Comedy is made to seem like the easiest genre to tackle and it's not.  I watch a lot of comedy films, television, and listen to mostly comedic podcasts.  Hitting a joke that actually makes me laugh out loud - literally, not in the throw away internet sense - is very difficult.  Those two films pulled it off and for that I rightfully applaud them.

True Grit was good, but I've seen the Cohn Bros. do far better.  It was a cut-and-dry Western that didn't stick with me after the credits rolled.  Nothing wrong with Westerns, it's just that this one didn't blow me away.  Fine to watch, but I had zero urge to tell anyone I liked it or to think about the film further.

As far as Inception goes, I don’t know how anyone couldn’t see that ending coming or understand how the “tension” wasn’t seen as just laughable overkill.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS