HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 11:01:58 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kung Fu Panda 4 premieres in theaters March 8, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: NIGHTWING  (Read 4074 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: January 08, 2014, 02:48:41 PM »

So guys, I keep hearing how Dan Didio hates the character Nightwing and plots his demise on many an occasion.

Does anyone know if A) this is true and B) why is that the case

Is it just that he feels Nightwing is redundant as a character (being so much like Batman)? I don't think that is near true, anymore than Superboy or Supergirl are redundant because of Superman, but that is the only thing I can think of.

Any thoughts or info on this?

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Tokyo Vigilante #1
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 04:48:30 PM »

I heard there was talk of killing Nightwing off during Infinite Crisis.  (That's the one that blew up Bludhaven, right?) 

The rumor, from what I heard, was that Didio didn't see any purpose that Grayson served to the DCU.  Several creators - one I heard was Mark Waid - felt that Grayson was important because he grew-up surrounded by the DCU and was the most trusted person in that super hero community on the level of Superman.

I don't personally feel that Nightwing is redundant.  He's a totally separate guy in my mind, which is part of the reason I can like him, as Batman gets boring for me. 

Just put Nightwing in his own city with his own rogues gallery and that redundancy shouldn't be an issue.

To be fair, I haven't read the New 52 NW stuff.  I heard it deals with this Owls story line.  Any good?
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 05:29:40 PM »

To be fair, I haven't read the New 52 NW stuff.  I heard it deals with this Owls story line.  Any good?

I know the first arc was a more indepth (new) look into Haley's Circus, but I didn't enjoy the writing so I fell off at around issue 4 or 5 ... I think it was. So ... not sure, really

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 02:09:49 AM »

He seems to be a critical person in the Forever Evil event. Do you think Didio is finally getting his wish?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2014, 03:15:06 AM »

I wonder. Don't know if Didio hates him, but yes, he stated, or it is to be known, that he was pushing for Dick to take the dirt nap so that Infinite Crisis would then have the death significance. However, Conner stepped in for that against Superboy.

The Court of Owls stuff with Dick was cool! The Court had used the Circus as a breeding ground for malcontents and stragglers to turn into Owl assassin's-and the first one Bruce caught was Dick's great grandfather!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2014, 11:45:40 AM »

The Court of Owls stuff with Dick was cool! The Court had used the Circus as a breeding ground for malcontents and stragglers to turn into Owl assassin's-and the first one Bruce caught was Dick's great grandfather!

Ahhh, yeah, I didn't get that far into it for that to be revealed. Had to read about that in ... Batman ... I guess ... but don't remember it being in the Court of Owls story-line, so maybe before the Death of the Family story-line?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS