HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 03:21:13 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Captain America: New World Order premieres in theaters February 14, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Waid's free digital comic.  (Read 4174 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: March 19, 2012, 09:14:00 PM »

Read it.
Save it.
Whatever.
Just enjoy it. (Yes you also, Glenn. In all its digital'ness)  Wink

HERE

Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Branden
HR Vigilante

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 10:21:53 PM »

I thought it was pretty good.

AVENGERS FUCKING ASSEMBLE!!!!!!!!

- Hitgirl
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 10:33:15 PM »

yeah, fast read, but good art and the digital manner was pretty clean. And hell, love that price point.
 Cheesy

It had Zombies, Glenn... comeonman.
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 06:06:37 AM »

Yeah not bad!  What's the deal with this anyway?  Is it an ongoing web series?  Waid decide to jump on the zombie bandwagon?

Was it just my computer, or were some pages duplicated, and had added panels, word balloons, etc....?

I figure this was a rough copy of the final product.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 04:27:42 PM »

No, it was a brief idea of how you can add panels or add effects (like the zombies red eyes) as you move along the path as a reader.

Waid is all in as he is selling his collection to start funding his digital goal. Not sure I would go that far, but then again, you can always buy them back.

Marvel is taking a step as well, but I will probably be done with Marvel by the time they get there  Cheesy

G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2012, 12:45:55 PM »

Waid is all in as he is selling his collection to start funding his digital goal. Not sure I would go that far, but then again, you can always buy them back.

I'm surprised that in all his years of networking in the comic book industry, and for all his experience, that he couldn't find someone to help him kickstart this venture.  I don't think he should go as far as selling his collection, because in this economy, he's not going to get much.  It's certainly a big gesture that goes to show that he believes in his idea, but I think that he can find some capital from willing investors with the right pitch.  Maybe it's a control thing, and he wants full rights and to what he pleases, but he can tell anyone that puts in on this project that this is his ship from the start. 

I dunno....selling his collection just sounds extreme....

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS