HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 09:51:03 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome back Realmers!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: AVENGERS !!!!  (Read 32117 times)
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2012, 07:41:53 PM »

Mom came into town for the kiddos dance recital.  Then she watched the kiddo so we could go to a birthday party.  Thats how I expected my Saturday to go but a friend and his wife at the party made a small comment in passing to us: "hey, you guys wanna ditch this and go see the Avengers?"

I feel a little guilty because I told the birthday boy I'd go see it with him later next week but.....that was friggin AWESOME!!!!!!  Of course I'll have to go see it again with my b-day friend.  Oh darn!  Grin

Loved it when Cap said "There's only one God and I'm pretty sure he doesn't dress like that."

Also liked "Hulk, smash."

Really there were so many great one liners and evenly spread accross the characters.

Can't wait to see Thanos in the sequel.  That caught me totally off guard.  Like Perry, I was expecting Annihilus.

I think Thanos is going to be in Avengers 3, not 2. Wouldn't it be repetitive to have two alien invasions in a row? Also, non comic readers will be like, "Why are all these aliens invading now? Are the Avengers only going to come together for alien invasions."

I think that if Thanos was in 2, it'd still be a great movie, as long as they kept Joss Whedon. However, non comic reading movie goers might not feel the same way. maybe have a sub plot in 2 where Thanos gets a hold of the Infinity Gauntlet. Or just an after credits scene.

i was thinking almost the exact same thing.  however, it may be a harder pill for the comic geek society to swallow since he was teased in the post credits.  i would like to see someone like baron zemo or the red skull come back to face the team in part 2.

jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2012, 02:56:08 AM »

so i took my 7 year old daughter to see it today at the IMAX.  it took me off guard when she said she wanted to see it, cause this is NOT her cup of tea and slowly over the years i have consigned myself to that fact.  however, i was elated when she said she wanted to see it and even had me sit down with her yesterday before bed because she wanted me to tell her who the avengers were, what they did and etc., etc.  i had the biggest smile on my face as we left the house this morning to head to the theater. 

her assessment of the movie?  "it was kinda like Star Wars just more boringer."

*sigh*.  maybe the 5 year old girl will come around a little better. Grin Wink

Sith_Chimera
HR Super Hero

« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2012, 08:11:53 PM »

So with Thanos in play, does that make the blue gem in Loki's staff the Mind Gem? Given he could control the minds of the characters in such a fashion, it really says a lot. We all know that the blue Infinity Gem is the Mind Gem. If that is the case, I hope the other Marvel movie sequels start dealing with the other gems as well.

jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2012, 09:36:59 PM »

So with Thanos in play, does that make the blue gem in Loki's staff the Mind Gem? Given he could control the minds of the characters in such a fashion, it really says a lot. We all know that the blue Infinity Gem is the Mind Gem. If that is the case, I hope the other Marvel movie sequels start dealing with the other gems as well.

NICE.  didn't even think about that one.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2012, 03:31:16 AM »

Even better the 2nd time.

That's right - just left the IMAX.   Cheesy

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2012, 06:04:37 PM »

ok...so i had some minor surgery yesterday and am out of work for 4 weeks.  i plan on going to the movies to see avengers again 1 more time before it is out of the theaters and wondered if anyone had noticed any other easter eggs for me to look out for.  the only thing i noticed the 2nd time was during the firt thor/loki scene when thor takes loki off the quinjet is that there are 2 crows flying around.  hugin and mugin, perhaps?

jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #51 on: June 16, 2012, 11:45:54 AM »

just as good the 3rd time around.... Grin

EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #52 on: July 31, 2012, 02:54:18 AM »

Absolutely awesome! Tons of action, great special effects, and fantastic dialogue. I think my favorite line was when Captain America was referring to the Wizard of Oz line "I got that one! He didn't, but I did!"

And what an awesome ending scene! I can't freaking wait for the sequel. The Avengers vs. The Marvel Universe's greatest villain on the big-screen! Speaking of which, did anyone notice what was on the top of Loki's staff? Some sort of "gem".

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS