HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 09:06:44 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kraven the Hunter premieres in theaters August 30, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: AVENGERS !!!!  (Read 32115 times)
Branden
HR Vigilante

« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2012, 06:11:10 PM »

I won't have the money to go see it until the end of the month. Sad

AVENGERS FUCKING ASSEMBLE!!!!!!!!

- Hitgirl
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2012, 10:07:16 PM »

Me and the kids will be going sometime next week.  not sure when be we will be seeing it.  my daughter is real excited for it (17now...holy crap...she was 5 when i 1st joined the Realm) as well as for Amazing.

Glad to hear you liked it Krono...I'm really looking forward to this and from what i've heard so far it is hitting the mark.

can anyone confirm if this was shot in 3D or converted?

either way  AVENGERS ASEMBLE
krono0666
HR Vigilante

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2012, 04:48:20 PM »

Wringer...

The movie was shot in 2D then converted into 3D... however, from what I understand, they already knew they were going to convert movie to 3D so the movie actually does a good job using 3D.  It looks like shots and framing were done with the 3D process in mind.  There were a few instances where things are coming at you and some obvious use of depth so it actually turned out pretty good.  Having said that, because the movie was filmed in 2D, you can get away with watching it as such and knowing you're not losing out on anything particularly spectular... just some splattering of blood here... an arrow there.

I say, watch it in IMAX if it's available... then watch it in D-Box if you have. (I want to check it out on D-Box and feel the seats move!  Yeah, I'm a movie geek)

"Just because no one understands you doesn't mean you're an artist."
krono0666
HR Vigilante

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2012, 04:53:23 PM »

I finally got around to writing a review for the movie on my blog.  Not my best work (I'm a little out of practice) but, you know...

Go here.

"Just because no one understands you doesn't mean you're an artist."
Branden
HR Vigilante

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2012, 08:26:17 PM »

I may be able to see it tomorrow.

"Tomorrow, tomorrow.
We love you, tomorrow.
You're only a day away."

- Hitgirl
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2012, 09:21:23 PM »

it is totally worth 100% of the hype.  and by the way...there are 2 scenes after the credits.  1 about halfway through the credits and then 1 at the very very end.

Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2012, 09:50:31 PM »

THAT WAS AWSOME.

More than I could have hoped for.  it hit all the right beats at just the right time.  The whole things was just put together very well.  I still have a smile about a mile wide with my enjoyment of the film.

me and the kids saw it this morning in IMAX and then went to my LCS for Free Comicbook day.  Place was packed and abuzz about the movie. 

Just a really good day for comic fans.  Grin
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2012, 12:59:05 AM »

THAT WAS AWSOME.

More than I could have hoped for.  it hit all the right beats at just the right time.  The whole things was just put together very well.  I still have a smile about a mile wide with my enjoyment of the film.

me and the kids saw it this morning in IMAX and then went to my LCS for Free Comicbook day.  Place was packed and abuzz about the movie. 

Just a really good day for comic fans.  Grin

yeah it was spot on.  with a movie that had the scope of this one, i don't know if i could have asked for more.

jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2012, 12:11:43 AM »

nobody else has seen this yet?  gah!   i NEED to geek out some more and have no one to do it with!

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2012, 12:29:17 AM »

Wednesday for me. Trying to decide if I want to do 3d or not  Undecided

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Branden
HR Vigilante

« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2012, 01:41:47 AM »

I'd see it in 3D. I saw it in 3D on Friday and in 2D today. You'll enjoy it either way. But 3D is better.

- Hitgirl
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2012, 12:12:53 PM »

i saw it in IMAX 3D and it was pretty good in the beginning (Helicarrier take off was pretty cool) but by half thru the movie the effect seemed to be dialed down or i just stopped noticing it.  I think in the  long run 2D is fine for this and you dont loose anything by not seeing it in 3D.

However, i did see a trailer for the Hobbit in 3D and that looks so completely amazing it took my breath away...the clarity and depth were unbelievable, even the smoke from Gandalfs pipe popped like nothing I'd seen before.  Granted Jackson filmed with the most advanced 3D cameras available and at 48 fps (standard is 24fsp) so he is pushing the medium to its current limits.
sinisteri
HR Super Hero

« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2012, 01:51:41 AM »

Wow!

The movie was beyond awesome! Best on screen Hulk ever! Wonderful continuation of past film storylines. I felt no one overshadowed anyone else. Classic lines in ways that were surprising and believable and very much fan loving.

Even the villain was not cheesy! Not one dull moment and every scene counts!

A man is the sum of his memories,
A Time Lord even moreso.
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2012, 10:00:05 AM »

Liked Avengers so much, I've already seen it twice!  The movie just makes the fanboy in me smile.  Can't wait for the sequels....

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2012, 01:24:30 PM »

4 more freaking hours until I am in my seat, watching this movie. The wait is excruciating.  Cheesy This is like being 5 again ... on Christmas Eve.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS