HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 11:07:50 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Planet of the Apes 4 premieres in theaters May 24, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Justice League: Doom  (Read 3385 times)
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« on: February 27, 2012, 08:54:21 PM »

Coming to you tomorrow...

Justice League: Doom is the third animated film in the Justice League film series. It is based loosely on JLA: The Tower of Babel storyline.

Plot

The Justice League consists of Earth's finest super heroes and protectors of humanity. But in the mind of The Dark Knight, it contains potentially the most dangerous people on the planet. Batman has compiled top-secret contingency plans should any of them go rouge. When these files are stolen by a rising group of super villains, The Justice League embark on a collision course that will test the very fabric of its alliance. With a stellar voice cast headed by Kevin Conroy, Tim Daly, and Nathan Fillion this thrilling DC Universe Animated Original adventure will challenge what you know about The Justice League as well as redefine what heroes are made of!

Cast

■Tim Daly as Kal-El/Clark Kent/Superman
■Kevin Conroy as Bruce Wayne/Batman
■Susan Eisenberg as Princess Diana/Diana Prince/Wonder Woman
■Nathan Fillion as Hal Jordan/Green Lantern
■Michael Rosenbaum as Wally West/The Flash
■Carl Lumbly as J'onn J'onzz/Martian Manhunter and Ma'alefa'ak J'onzz
■Bumper Robinson as Victor Stone/Cyborg
■Phil Morris as Vandal Savage
■Olivia D'Abo as Carol Ferris/Star Sapphire
■Alexis Denisof as Mirror Master
■Carlos Alazraqui as Bane
■Paul Blackthorn as Metallo and Henry Ackerson
■Claudia Black as Cheetah
■David Kaufman as Jimmy Olsen
■Dee Bradley Baker - Officer In Charge
■Grey DeLisle - Lois Lane and Queen
■Robin Atkin Downes - Alfred Pennyworth as Jack
■Brian George - Mayor
■Juliet Landau - Ten
■Jim Meskimen - King
■Andrea Romano - Batcomputer Voice
■Bruce Timm - Ace
■Danny Jacobs - Special Agent Porter
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 03:30:36 PM »

Just watched this. Ugh.

Let it first be said that I love most everyone of the voice actors involved in this movie (especially Claudia Black/Cheetah). I also possess and have enjoyed many a DC animated movie (Batman Under The Hood probably still has the number one spot for me, with Wonder Woman coming in a close second). I was also happy that all of the voice actors from most of those movies I own did return for this one. However, the plot and voice direction of this movie sucks.

SUCKS.

Just listen to the 'acting'. It is horrible. The director just flat out failed in getting these actors to put forth the effort. Even Conroy/Batman was weak in this, though he came back towards the end. Flash/Rosenbaum was pretty good and Rominson/Cyclops was decent enough ... and I suppose Lumbly did pretty god in the J'onn J'onzz, monotone roll, But the main actors, Daly, Eisenberg, Conroy and Fillion ... dear god, Fillion just stank.

Before I spoil and go over the villains vile plot ... are they serious?

SPOILERS ......................

Why wasn't any electrical or satellite signal/purpose CRUSHED then the solar flare was even a quarter away from the sun? All it takes for major screw ups for the sun to solar flare a little (in comparison to this huge and steadily increasingly close to the Earth one) and all things can go haywire. This one, before GL even got close to shielding the Earth, should have killed every single satellite around the globe. Fried it. Hell, that would have been an even better "evil plan". Hell, in fact, wouldn't a flare of that magnitude, carrying that much "solar winds", just wipe away all of the Earth's protective magnetic field and left the entire Earth roasted like a pig? I think so.

Oh, and to top it off ... ya know that trend DC has for ripping arms off? Yeah, it is here.

Bah .......

END SPOILERS

While it was still nice to see some good ole fashion comic action, I was totally disappointed in this considering the actors involved and how long I waited to get this in my hands. Luckily, YOUNG JUSTICE is just about to start its new season on the Cartoon Network.

4 outta 10 MOODs ... I mean DOOMs  (and most of that is just for the extra's)  Angry

« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 09:05:52 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS