HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 09:14:15 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom  premieres in theaters now!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fan of PAD ?  (Read 3623 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: February 19, 2012, 05:20:58 PM »

If you are a fan of Peter David and have a Kindle (or Nook I suppose), you can not let this pass you up.

This eBook is $2.99 at Amazon (I am sure B&N also have it for the Nook) and I have been reading, and enjoying, this for days. It is one of the best values I have ever seen as far as price and story. Incredible.

They also have it in paper form, I think, but not for this price. This book was the reason I finally gave in and got a Kindle Touch and it has been worth every penny of it. Great story.

Check into it. Thank me later. (I have figured out 6 ... I think ... of the 12 creatures from Earths Mythology, but some I just can't get ... yet)

EDIT - Forgot Amazon link to book. CLICKY HERE

Smiley
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 05:24:37 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 06:29:40 PM »

Hey it's cheaper than a Marvel comic!   Wink

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 07:08:03 PM »

Hey it's cheaper than a Marvel comic!   Wink

And, it doesn't come out twice in the same month. Bazinga.  Grin

And it takes about 2,000 times longer to read it.  Cool

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 11:58:59 AM »

Need help with this book. PAD may explain it later or I may just be to dense to get it now, but I need help figuring out the race of this entity in this book.

A little back-story ... though I will be sporadic and jumbled in my description. This book is about an alien invasion ... kinda. More like aliens being sent to Earth as a prison. There are 12 races that were sent here. And this is the third time, the THIRD WAVE as they say.

The first wave happened millions of years ago and that wave shared the same fate, unfortunately for them, as the dinosaurs that were around at that time. The second wave occurred, from what I can gather, during the time we were at the height of our mythology (it has not been said as of yet how we (humans) were able to beat them during this time, but it appears it was a small wave ... maybe?) The third wave is now in effect. I presume it happened around today's date, but this book is set many years later. Think THUNDARR time (for those that remember that show).

Now, it seems as though back during the second wave, we humans (Morts as we are now called) took the names and/or stories of these races and ... forgot that they were real over time. Each race shown here has a place in our history. Our fictional story history, but our history non-the-less.

This is were I need some help. I need help determining to what race the "PHER" could be linked. We have the following races pretty well established and confirmed -

(slight spoilers below)

Minosaur = Minotaur (easy)
Oculores = Cyclops
Piri = Vampires
Trull = Trolls
Mandragues = Dragons (though man size)

and a couple others, that I won't go into, but that "PHER" race is killing me. They use to be very powerful, according to one that has been turned into a gelatinous form (ha), but that could be bull or the truth. So ... anyone know what, in Greek mythology or our fictional books a PHER could be translated to? I have only seen one ... not sure if that is relevant.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, 02:38:59 PM »

Gopher?

Seriously, do they give you any distinguishing characteristics that might help narrow it down?  Just the term PHER isn't much to go on.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2012, 03:56:48 PM »

I know. and he is still "a mystery" as of now ... other than he was turned into this blob and they were once powerful and could go anywhere they wanted, though that may be hubris.

Gopher. HAHA

Hey maybe a 'Phantasm'? They can go anywhere and they have the 'ph'. Just thought of that.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS