HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 01:53:52 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning Part 2 premieres in theaters May 23, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Before Watchmen coming this summer  (Read 3125 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: February 01, 2012, 01:00:14 PM »

DC is releasing 35 issues of Watchmen prequels this summer for 35 weeks.

Check out this interview with J Micheal Strazinski on is Dr Manhatten book.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?id=36726&page=article

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 01:20:02 PM »

Poor Alan Moore.
Poor comic purists.
Poor me, for having to buy it.

This is like reviving Captain Marvel.
(Mar-vell. Not the other ones.)

And JMS' argument doesn't hold up. Why are there no prequels to TREASURE ISLAND or A TALE OF TWO CITIES? Because we don't need one. And comparing doing this to taking over SWAMP THING is bullshit. Still going to check it out, because I am a sick man, but this is a classic case of Corporation greed. They fucked Alan on his rights, and now they are taking more.

... Doing a prequel on Dr. Manhattan? Jeez.

Edit - More Info With Wein on a book, I have to get it. CRAP. Conner? JG Jones? damn, at least they have some great talent for me on this travesty.

EDIT 2 - While I am dumbfounded by the idea of this, I am not nearly as pissed as this reads.  Grin
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 02:07:11 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS