HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 04:53:59 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Madame Web premieres in theaters February 16, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: In celebration  (Read 2246 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: January 18, 2012, 05:18:08 PM »

To celebrate the upcoming release of the new Shadow comic, I thought I would break out the old DOC SAVAGE books and re-read them. It has been a few years and with my bad memory I don't remember a lot of them. This time however, instead of reading in the Bantam order of release, I am going to sort them by year of original publication (1933-1949) and read them that way. Yes, I am that much of a geek. Here is me starting the sorting process ...

I am only doing the single books (not the double or omnibus ones) as they contain different years in each book. I mean, there are only 96 or 97 of the singles, that should keep me busy with my night-time reading.
 Grin

Damn these were fun reading when I was growing up.

Doc Savage was responsible for sooo much of what we have in comics today or had at one time or another, Byrne killed Superman's Fortress of Solitude for example, but it was all Doc's first. Heard of the Red Skull? Doc did as well, long before Cap had issues with him. Grin

First answering machine ... in a Doc Savage Mag.  Wink

Oh this is gonna be fun. Yeah, as I said, I am a geek.  Grin

COME ON SHADOW !!!!!!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 06:00:38 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS