HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 02:25:30 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Blade premieres in theaters November 7, 2025.
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: WHISPER  (Read 3344 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: January 15, 2012, 03:59:06 PM »

Issue 1 was good.  Joshua Luna writes the nerdy angst written guy like no other. I like the powers and the mystery surrounding them.  Thumbs up here.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 05:05:47 PM »

Thumbs sideways for me.

Not a bad issue, but didn't grab me and the flaws stuck in my head. Won't touch a door handle, but will touch a coffee house table top? Have you ever seen the rags they wipe those tables with?  Grin I know he discussed this point, but still doesn't make it have more sense.

The exposition at the table, setting up the angst between him, Rico and Lilly, seemed a tad off, not horrible, but didn't flow like a conversation as much as making a point to show what the writer wanted to show in a hurry.

The art, which I thought I was going to have the most problem with (Not a huge Luna fan), didn't bother me at all once I got a few pages in, so that was a plus.

Again, not a bad issue and it does have an intriguing plot to it, so things could certainly look up for this title, but nothing that says I must read issue 2 ... though I will  Grin

I give it an average grade of a 6 outta 10 astral projections

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS