HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 11:15:26 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom  premieres in theaters now!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Comic Book Day - January 11  (Read 6127 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: January 11, 2012, 04:56:17 PM »

Shipping my way this week!

DC - 10
ANIMAL MAN #5 
BATGIRL #5 
BATMAN AND ROBIN #5 
BATWOMAN #5 
GREEN LANTERN #5 
LEGION LOST #5 
RESURRECTION MAN #5 
SCALPED #55 (MR) 
STORMWATCH #5 
SUICIDE SQUAD #5 

MARVEL - 15
AVENGERS ANNUAL #1 
AVENGERS X-SANCTION #2 (OF 4) 
DEFENDERS #2 
INCREDIBLE HULK #4 
MAGNETO NOT A HERO #3 (OF 4) 
NEW AVENGERS #20 
SECRET AVENGERS #21 
ULTIMATE COMICS X-MEN #6 
UNCANNY X-FORCE #19.1 
UNCANNY X-MEN #4 
WOLVERINE #300
WOLVERINE AND X-MEN #4 XREGG 
WOLVERINE AND X-MEN ALPHA AND OMEGA #1 (OF 5)
X-FACTOR #230
X-MEN LEGACY #260.1 

IMAGE & IDW - 3
INVINCIBLE #87 
STAR TREK ONGOING #4 
STAR TREK/LEGION OF SUPERHEROES #4 (OF 6) 

Also going by LCS to pick up AMAZING SPIDERMAN 677 since it crosses over with Daredevil this month.

By the way - Isn't this a really cool cover??

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 05:02:52 PM »

Is indeed a cool cover.

Heading my way ...

FATALE #1

DETECTIVE COMICS #5
SWAMP THING #5
ANIMAL MAN #5
BATMAN AND ROBIN #5
BATWOMAN #5
BATGIRL #5
GREEN LANTERN #5

DEFENDERS #2
AVENGERS ANNUAL #1
PUNISHER #7
CAPTAIN AMERICA #7
NEW AVENGERS #20

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 05:53:20 PM »

Big week for me...and yup, no DC for me this week!   

INVINCIBLE #87
WHISPERS #1(I didn't preorder this one, but I liked Girls and Ultra, so hopefully my LCS has one I can flip through first)
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #677
NEW AVENGERS #20

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 06:02:40 PM »

WHISPERS #1(I didn't preorder this one, but I liked Girls and Ultra, so hopefully my LCS has one I can flip through first)

The Luna Brothers have something new? 

Dang - I have a feeling I'm not getting out of the LCS with just Spiderman today.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 06:03:21 PM »

Dang - I have a feeling I'm not getting out of the LCS with just Spiderman today.

Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2012, 06:32:17 PM »

It's actually Joshua Luna SOLO on this one!

Whispers 1
story JOSHUA LUNA
art & cover  JOSHUA LUNA

JANUARY 11
32 PAGES / FC / T+ TEEN PLUS
$2.99

A mentally troubled man is suddenly empowered with the ability to leave his physical body in “ghost” form and manipulate people in strange and disturbing ways. With this incredible power, will he control his demons...or discover even more?

Joshua Luna of the “Luna Brothers” (Ultra, Girls & The Sword) makes a solo debut with a dark, supernatural thriller that questions free will and explores the obsessions, addictions and urges we all have and may not have control of at all.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2012, 04:12:35 AM »

Went by the LCS and yeah, I did it.

Amazing Spider-man 677
Whispers 1

Perry has about talked me into picking up the Batman book (especially since I just finished this months Swamp Thing).

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2012, 05:56:14 PM »

Perry has about talked me into picking up the Batman ...

Good book. Did you flip through at the LCS?

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2012, 06:45:44 PM »

i didn't have time to browse.  The munchkin was with me and I had to get her home for supper.

The whole Owl thing has actually had me curious about this title for awhile.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2012, 09:32:08 PM »

The whole Owl thing has actually had me curious about this title for awhile.

It's a good idea, but now DC is jumping on it for all the Bat books and will run it into the ground.  Angry

Eh, with Morrison getting ready to start his continued Bat run, I am probably just going to drop all my Bat books save BATMAN and Birds anyway, so ...

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2012, 10:23:23 PM »

I ordered BATMAN 1, 2, 3, & 4 from my LCS.

You didn't steer me wrong with Swamp Thing so I'll give it a shot.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2012, 10:29:17 PM »

Uh-Oh ... I hate pressure.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS