HR Boards
March 19, 2024, 04:15:56 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Hunger Games: Songbird and Snakes premieres in theaters November 17, 2023.
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: DC gets a new logo  (Read 8641 times)
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« on: January 13, 2012, 10:14:52 PM »

And it's freakin' ugly one to boot...

DC is just going downhill to me....and Marvel too for that matter....lol

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/01/13/dc-comics-gets-logo-here/

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 10:29:40 PM »

Was hoping it was a joke.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 12:00:28 AM »

Was hoping it was a joke.

Me too......no way is that new one an improvement.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2012, 04:55:42 AM »

Anyone worried about what's going on at DC?  I know they're reinventing themselves but it seems so drastic - almost desperate.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2012, 01:11:06 PM »

Not worried. I honestly just can't see this new logo as a comic logo unless it is for a new line ... perhaps black and white or as a side symbol for Vertigo titles?

I also like that they are 'cutting bait' on titles that don't do well. I honestly don't see why ANY company needs 40+ Super-Hero titles, but switching out titles in 'waves' is fine with me. I still vote for the 6 or 8 issue mini series for every book. If it sells well, it gets another 6 or 8 issues. If it doesn't you got a complete story and no-ones feelings are hurt ... by in large, plus said title can always come back next year with another 6 or 8 issue run.

I do think that DC's lesser comic offerings is the way to go ... ya hear that Marvel with your 90 titles and 19 of them X related?
 Angry

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
sinisteri
HR Super Hero

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2012, 07:56:05 AM »

Well,

That logo looks unsure of itself. Like a label not fully pealed off. If DC has not faith in it's characters, then it is hard for anyone else to have faith in them.

A man is the sum of his memories,
A Time Lord even moreso.
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2012, 05:57:36 PM »

This joke has become reality.......blech...

http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/2012/01/19/new-brand-identity/

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2012, 06:29:09 PM »

That is ... wow ...
During the reading of the article, I kept hoping I would read about how this logo is just for the DC Digital side of things, but alas ...

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2012, 08:41:11 PM »

This logo does  NOTHING with helping to attract new readers.
UGH!
sinisteri
HR Super Hero

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2012, 05:00:58 PM »

Wow,

So, it is bold to have a half peeled label as the sympbol. That is so attractive. It makes me want to finish peeling it off or walk away in disgust. It's like my item is already used. A used scratch and sniff or something.

A Time Lord even moreso.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2012, 05:07:29 PM »

A used scratch and sniff or something.

Cheesy

I heard one writer (and I am sorry to both him and you that I can't remember who it was) comment on the stupidity on 'hiding both the D and the C in your new logo'

sinisteri
HR Super Hero

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2012, 06:47:57 PM »

Sadly,

It truly fits the new DC identity. Dc is there but not there. DC is the home of Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, etc. but not the way you have ever known them. DC is DC but it is not all at the same time. DC has the names you have come to know and love-- the catch, the insides are different and more generic. Read up!

I get it!

A Time Lord even moreso.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS