HR Boards
March 19, 2024, 10:36:56 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning Part 2 premieres in theaters May 23, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: DC kills 6 titles  (Read 5078 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: January 12, 2012, 12:58:38 PM »

Well, the good news for some is DC is launching 6 new titles in may, announcement of what those are coming soon ... like today, but the bad news to some ... not a lot, but some (like Rodney. Sorry big guy Cry), is the six titles they are axing to make room -
HAWK and DOVE
OMAC
MISTER TERRIFIC
STATIC SHOCK
MEN of WAR
BLACKHAWKS

All out as of issue 8

Story HERE

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 01:56:26 PM »

Not surprised....some of these titles had me scratching my head when they were first announced!

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 05:15:39 PM »

Not surprised....some of these titles had me scratching my head when they were first announced!

Agree. While I wanted BLACKHAWKS to be good, and it wasn't and I had hopes for a good war comic because I love my old WWII comics, MEN of WAR was not going to get my money. MISTER TERRIFIC and OMAC? No idea there was any outcry for those titles to be made ... I guess there wasn't.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 05:56:57 PM »

Those titles just seemed like afterthoughts to me.  Like DC was so intent on having 52 new books, ran out of ideas, and this was the best they could come up with. 

sinisteri
HR Super Hero

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2012, 08:00:04 AM »

Funny,

There is interest in the Static character and the whole line from the Milestone universe, but each new take is just not what people are seeking. Sad.

A man is the sum of his memories,
A Time Lord even moreso.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS