HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 11:34:29 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Hunger Games: Songbird and Snakes premieres in theaters November 17, 2023.
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BATMAN  (Read 57037 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2013, 09:21:15 PM »

so who was the actual "death"?

Trust within the family

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2013, 12:12:09 PM »

WOW!  Batman #1 sold for $51 + $8 shipping on eBay last night.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2013, 12:30:43 PM »

You think that is something, check out some of the prices that RACHEL RISING #1 is going for. Just announced a possible TV show, so everyone is Walking Dead speculating. Price is sky-rocketing.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2014, 04:38:24 PM »

Hey Jimmy,

I'm thinking, but not too seriously, about going ahead, biting the bullet and dropping my Batman monthlies and just go full HC, even though I think DC's prices are just ridiculous for those. But one thing, are the Batman HC's the size of a trade? I mean size of the paper itself, not the thickness. I mean, those things are not "oversized" are they?

A regular trade and Marvel Premiere HC's are 6.75x10.25
A good HC (Image or Marvel's later HC's) are 7.50x11.25

Are the DC HC just like the Marvel Premiere HC's as far as size goes?

Thanks
 Smiley

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2014, 08:27:05 PM »

Hey Jimmy,

I'm thinking, but not too seriously, about going ahead, biting the bullet and dropping my Batman monthlies and just go full HC, even though I think DC's prices are just ridiculous for those. But one thing, are the Batman HC's the size of a trade? I mean size of the paper itself, not the thickness. I mean, those things are not "oversized" are they?

A regular trade and Marvel Premiere HC's are 6.75x10.25
A good HC (Image or Marvel's later HC's) are 7.50x11.25

Are the DC HC just like the Marvel Premiere HC's as far as size goes?

Thanks
 Smiley

They are the 6.75 (or, about 6.5; I was only measuring the paper page?), by the 10.25. They are a smaller size when compared to Invincible Ultimate Collection HCs I have.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2014, 09:01:50 PM »

Thanks man.

So DC's HC's are just like Marvels' Premiere HC's without the adjective.  Cheesy

I sure wish they would promote what they want to call them ... their HC's with about 10 or 12 issues. Are they the Absolutes? And are the Absolutes the size of the Invincible books? If so, I want a damn Snyder/Capullo Absolute Batman Vol 1 !!!

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #51 on: July 18, 2014, 05:16:46 PM »

I won't lie; I was holding out on the Morrison Action HCs simply because I believed they would do their..."Omnibus" (that's another Absolute version of branding, right? Wink but I said "Eh, if it comes out, then maybe I'll switch them over."

Won't lie...kinda wished I had pulled the trigger when I did for the Super-mega-HC colletion of Brubaker's Winter Solider/Captain America beginning. Sooooo expensive to find. And of course, no repackaging of it for the second movie, either.  Roll Eyes

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2014, 05:35:44 PM »

Yeah, there have only been a couple Omni's I have wanted to take a chance on. That was one. I sure should've  Angry

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2014, 07:10:45 PM »

BATMAN vol 1 Hardcover -

Man ... I don't know what to think about this. Now I'm not talking about the story which I read a long time ago, but the actual book itself. Again, as I was thinking of switching over to hardcovers of Batman instead of the monthlies I was hoping I would be okay with the smaller size of these DC HC's but ... I don't know.

Good thing it does match the EARTH ONE series of hardcovers. Still looking forward to WONDER WOMAN one, so ... Maybe I'll get use to this size.
 Undecided

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2015, 06:32:56 PM »

Hmmmm.  Could this be a time to jump off of Batman?

Batman Cvr A 41 (06/10)

(W) Scott Snyder (A) Greg Capullo, Danny Miki (CA) Greg Capullo

The all-new Batman makes his debut! Who is he, and what happens next? Find out here as a new era begins in Gotham City!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #55 on: March 31, 2015, 01:32:52 AM »

Hmmmm.  Could this be a time to jump off of Batman?

Not for me.
For two reasons ...

(W) Scott Snyder (A) Greg Capullo

Wink Smiley

EDIT - Though actually, as DC is finally putting out this -

ABSOLUTE BATMAN: THE COURT OF OWLS HC
Written by SCOTT SNYDER and JAMES TYNION IV
Art by GREG CAPULLO and JONATHAN GLAPION
Cover by GREG CAPULLO
Advance solicited • On sale OCTOBER 28 • 384 pg, FC, 8.25” x 12.5”, $99.99 US

It could be that time
 Smiley
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 01:37:35 AM by Perry » Logged

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #56 on: April 07, 2015, 03:49:19 AM »

Heh. I'm looking forward to volume 7, as my buddy moved away, and I haven't read anything but part 1 of Endgame so far!!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #57 on: April 07, 2015, 01:42:15 PM »

Ouch. I damn sure hope my guy stays put for awhile. HA. I would lose about 95% of my reading material. You know, that 95% that is keeping me from reading my own reading material
 Cheesy

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #58 on: April 14, 2015, 01:51:51 PM »

Hmmmm.  Could this be a time to jump off of Batman?

Batman Cvr A 41 (06/10)

(W) Scott Snyder (A) Greg Capullo, Danny Miki (CA) Greg Capullo

The all-new Batman makes his debut! Who is he, and what happens next? Find out here as a new era begins in Gotham City!

Well I just saw where BC spoiled it, so if you would like to know who is in the suit, head over to Bleeding Cool ... or just look behind the Spoiler barrier below.

Tis a big spoiler, but may make people more interested, or less I suppose  Grin

The guy in that Bat-Exoskeleton is ...

Commissioner Gordon

I may have to up my order to two copies. 
 Wink

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #59 on: April 14, 2015, 02:19:01 PM »

DAY-um!!!! Shocked

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS