HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 12:03:50 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Godzilla vs Kong 2 premieres in theaters April 12, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BATMAN  (Read 57047 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2012, 02:59:59 AM »

Issue 4 & 5

Awesome.  I love a story that starts out great and gets better with each issue.  The hot girl was right. Issue 5 was cool.

Anyone else read it?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2012, 03:26:35 AM »

Believe it or not, I read 1 and 2, and was equally impressed as you guys.  I like Capullo's art a lot here, and I'm relieved that Snyder can write superheroes. 

It's been awhile since I've read a mainstream book, and I'm looking forward to reading the other 3 issues and get caught up quick.  This is a good sign...Hopefully this is my gateway into reading more and more on a consistent basis.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2012, 01:37:41 PM »

I like Capullo's art a lot here,

One of the best in the industry. Yes he gets a lot of heat from his SPAWN work, which I think was fantastic, though often too blended, but he is killing it here.

and I'm relieved that Snyder can write superheroes.

Oh he can write about a table and chair and I would buy it  Grin

It's been awhile since I've read a mainstream book, and I'm looking forward to reading the other 3 issues and get caught up quick.  This is a good sign...Hopefully this is my gateway into reading more and more on a consistent basis.

YAY. Sit your ass down and hit that stack, my friend.

Anyone else read it?

You know I did.  Grin Issue 5 was almost the perfect comic for showing drug induced insanity. The tumbles, the time skips, the fear ... perfection.

Issue 4 & 5
Awesome

Good. Glad you liked it. I hate it when a recommended book, or a book you have talked up, doesn't get another person as into it or get the enjoyment out of it as you. It does happen.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2012, 05:57:14 PM »

Read issue 3.....And overall I'm loving this Court of Owls thing.

Poor Alan Wayne fell down the manhole......dumb cops..... Undecided

But couple of things bothered me....

Come on Bruce!  Setting off a tripwire?  Traipsing around the Talon's hideout without a care in the world?  Rookie mistake... Grin

And before that, I felt it was a little too convenient how he found the "nest" in the tower.  Sure, I can believe that he deduced that the hideout was in the floor beneath him, but for him to just randomly use his laser to cut a hole in the floor and boom!  Found it!  At least show me how his super bat cowl has ultra x-ray and sonar to reveal the hidden room!  Is that so hard?  We already established that he has contact lenses that do facial recognition!  hahaha Tongue

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2012, 06:22:48 PM »

Come on Bruce!  Setting off a tripwire?  Traipsing around the Talon's hideout without a care in the world?  Rookie mistake... Grin

Come on, man. Bruce isn't infallible.  Cheesy If that is the case he wouldn't ever make any mistakes and we know he is certainly not above the occasional "oops". Brother Eye anyone?  Cheesy

Is we just looking for stuff?  Wink

And before that, I felt it was a little too convenient how he found the "nest" in the tower.  Sure, I can believe that he deduced that the hideout was in the floor beneath him, but for him to just randomly use his laser to cut a hole in the floor and boom!  Found it!  At least show me how his super bat cowl has ultra x-ray and sonar to reveal the hidden room!  Is that so hard?  We already established that he has contact lenses that do facial recognition!  hahaha Tongue

I think I need to re-read the issue, but doesn't he list about 3 reasons why he believes the hideout is there? I don't think he just deduces that the hideout is there. He goes by height of building, the 13th floor rule and the Bat habitat/Owl habitat deduction, I think. And why not cut through? If he is confident it is there? I would have chosen a more out of the way place to do it, so people aren't falling in a pothole though.
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2012, 06:30:25 PM »

I think you're rubbing off on me.... Roll Eyes

Didn't bother me...just found it funny. This guy has super duper infrared, connected to the bat mainframe, blah blah blah.....and it can't show him a tripwire.....hahah

And he does figure out where the nest is like you remembered, I just thought it was just strange and matter of factly that he cut a perfect circle right where he was standing...

Otherwise, I'm liking this story a lot.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2012, 06:56:24 PM »

I think you're rubbing off on me.... Roll Eyes

I can see that.  Grin I am a nit-picky little shit.  Cheesy Things that bug me can absolutely ruin a story for me. HERE THAT, SLOTT?  Angry Angry

Cheesy Cheesy

HR Celestial

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2012, 10:04:15 PM »

I am a nit-picky little shit.  Cheesy

I haven't noticed.... Grin

And I also hate to nit pick....but.......

HERE THAT, SLOTT?  Angry Angry

It's "Hear", not "here"......but you already "new" that.... Wink Cheesy

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2012, 10:37:19 PM »

It's "Hear", not "here"......but you already "new" that.... Wink Cheesy

SON-OF-A-BITCH!!!!  Angry

Cheesy

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2012, 10:56:16 PM »

I can see that.  Grin I am a nit-picky little shit.  Cheesy Things that bug me can absolutely ruin a story for me. HERE THAT, SLOTT?  Angry Angry

Cheesy Cheesy

Like Batwoman?   Grin

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2012, 02:43:15 AM »

Cheesy Cheesy

Like Batwoman?   Grin

Yep. Why is she bone white? No-one has answered that yet.

HR Celestial

« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2012, 04:51:02 AM »

Batman #4 & #5.....wow, kinda strange that I'm caught up on a book that isn't The Walking Dead, Invincible, or Fables....hahaha

Of course I liked issue #5 a lot better than #4 as it was all exposition....

What a trip!  The Owls can give Scarecrow a run for his money in mindf#$&s....I'm glad that you guys didn't spoil the creative page layout!  Or was that just my issue?  Grin

I enjoyed the story before, but issue #5 was damn fun, and kicked up the coolness factor.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2012, 04:42:35 AM »

Issue 6

Picked this up at the LCD today.  Creeeeepy!

Another good issue.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2012, 12:21:04 PM »

Issue 6

Picked this up at the LCD today.  Creeeeepy!

Another good issue.

Damn you!!!  Grin Mine is not here yet!!!

Do you have #7 on order? Is that where you jumped in at DCBS?

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2012, 06:11:47 PM »

Yes sir.  Number 7 is my first DCBS issue.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS