HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 01:00:16 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Thunderbolts premieres in theaters July 25, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: JANUARY for MARCH Pre-Order  (Read 14200 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2012, 03:18:27 PM »

secret society of super villains HC vol 2.

Niceness.  Cool

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2012, 01:10:05 PM »

a fw years ago i bought the whole run on ebay.  i didn't realize at the time, however, that the series was never finished by DC and they rounded it up in cancelled comics cavalcade.  i have been looking for those books ever since but could never find them.  these HCs are a nice way to be able to sit down and read the whole shebang. 

as for the lone ranger and 3 stooges books, i have always loved that old stuff.  i really think i was born in the wrong generation.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2012, 01:12:44 PM »

as for the lone ranger and 3 stooges books, i have always loved that old stuff.  i really think i was born in the wrong generation.

Nothing wrong with enjoying the classics. No matter how 'classic' they are.  Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2012, 07:02:03 PM »

I just know how much you likey the Wolvy.
 Smiley

And Aaron writing Wolvy.   Wink

Wolverine & the X-Men 7:  I gave in and added it back on.  I guess I'm not ready to give up on it yet.

Also added Batman 7, Fatale 3, and Whispers 2

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2012, 07:08:22 PM »

Wolverine & the X-Men 7:  I gave in and added it back on.  I guess I'm not ready to give up on it yet.

I have series like that as well. My love for some aspect of it, always overrides the logic of not getting it.  Cheesy

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2012, 07:12:04 PM »

Dropped BATMAN and ROBIN in order to put JUSTICE LEAGUE back on (For Shazam, damn, just for Shazam)

Have no idea how I am going to maintain my "only 10 DC comics" rule, when those three I want to add start next month.
 Undecided

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2012, 07:23:12 PM »

I need to rank my list from favorite to least favorite.  Maybe that will help me chop.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2012, 07:41:58 PM »

I need to rank my list from favorite to least favorite.  Maybe that will help me chop.

Yeah, tried that once. You may have better success than I, but for me it was an utter failure.  Grin Too many variables like :
Upcoming comics - Comics not started yet, that I know are coming (SHADOW or JSA)
Upcoming arcs - Comics that have something I want to read (Shazam in the JUSTICE LEAGUE)
Upcoming artist - Simonson on AVENGERS starting at 25 (After I canceled the title)
Upcoming writers - Had no clue about Brubaker's FATALE until it was almost too late

It is just hard to cut back when the future is around the corner and that is not even going into the comics you enjoy now. It is, sadly, the only true way to do it, but damn if it isn't hard. As it stands for me, I am trying to cut $5 off of my order every month. Regardless of amount of titles. That is why a lot of the $3.99 ones are hitting the wayside. I can get more books if I stick to the $2.99 ones.
 Grin
(But that is also impossible for me to stick to)
 Angry

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2012, 12:55:59 AM »

I dropped Incredible Hulk.  Not a fan of crazy Banner and sane Hulk.  Probably a great story if it were new or unknown characters or an alternate universe story.  But not as mainstream Hulk and Banner.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2012, 01:44:22 AM »

Somehow I added Avengers vs X-Men #0 but not #1 so I added #1.

Also added Saga of the Swamp Thing TPB by Alan Moore.  I've not read Alan's Swamp Thing but with my new interest in the character and love for his work I figured I'd give it try.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2012, 02:38:59 AM »

Somehow I added Avengers vs X-Men #0 but not #1 so I added #1.

Sad.
 Wink

Also added Saga of the Swamp Thing TPB by Alan Moore.  I've not read Alan's Swamp Thing but with my new interest in the character and love for his work I figured I'd give it try.

It is fantastic, but makes the new title kinda repetitive.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS