HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 06:58:47 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Joker 2 premieres in theaters October 4, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Superhero Breast Cancer Awareness Ads  (Read 5242 times)
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« on: December 17, 2011, 12:02:15 PM »

We kind of love these breast cancer awareness ads for the Associação da Luta Contra o Cancer in Mozambique: Super-powered heroines like Wonder Woman (above) take time out of fighting their arch-nemeses to perform self-exams. October was Breast Cancer Awareness month, but these ads remind us that women young and old should be checking themselves at least once a month.

The copy, from the Mozambique ad agency DDB, reads, Nobody’s immune to breast cancer. When we talk about breast cancer, there’s no women or superwomen. Everybody has to do the self-examination monthly. Fight with us against this enemy and, when in doubt, talk with your doctor.

Copyranter points out that the ALCC and DDB previously teamed up on much more disturbing breast cancer ads, featuring bugs writhing underneath women’s naked breasts. Yeah, superheroes are much better.

io9 seemed to take exception with She-Hulk‘s ad since she’s just crashed through a wall to defeat some baddies and a self-exam seems a little out of place. That’s a fair point, though I imagine the ad agency just wanted to put these ladies in their natural habitats…

…Like Catwoman, here pausing in her nightly tour of Gotham City to check that everything’s copacetic. You don’t see the women’s faces, probably so the agency doesn’t have to pay licensing fees to Marvel or DC. We hope the big comics companies don’t send any sort of cease-and-desist, since it’s for a good cause.

And of course you have the X-Men’s Storm showing you how to check for lumps.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2011, 02:14:47 PM »

Gonna hate to see the testicular cancer ones !!!!!!!!  Shocked

Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2011, 06:39:38 AM »

Grin

Cheesy

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Tokyo Vigilante #1
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 04:06:48 PM »

What?  No Diamond Lil?  

Worst.  Crossover.  Ever.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 04:09:01 PM by Tokyo Vigilante #1 » Logged
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2011, 02:21:10 AM »

Not comic book, but the U.K. didn't think I was joking ... NOT SAFE FOR WORK and RATED R .... No kids please.

YIKES

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Ed209
HR Super Hero

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2012, 01:11:49 AM »

Not comic book, but the U.K. didn't think I was joking ... NOT SAFE FOR WORK and RATED R .... No kids please.

YIKES

Yikes indeed, sir.  I am shocked and appalled. (Mainly because I was getting turned on until....welll.....you know.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS