HR Boards
December 12, 2017, 08:53:08 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Hero Realm now
officially 475 members
strong!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Kick Ass 2  (Read 4621 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: December 20, 2011, 09:45:45 PM »

Issue 5

Oh yeah! The SH!t has hit the fan and retribution is about to be had!

Anyone else reading this?

"If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?" - Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 04:13:24 AM »

Waiting for the ultimate HC with both series in it.
 Cool
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 09:12:50 PM »

OMG!  Hit girl is baaaaack!!!!!!

Issue 6 was even better than issue 5.

My favorite Hit Girl quote from this issue....

"Avengers fuckin' assemble asshole." with both middle fingers saluting.   Grin

"If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?" - Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 04:45:58 AM »

Grin
Copy-write infringement ?  Cheesy
Branden
HR Vigilante

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2012, 07:20:56 PM »

ISSUE #7 IS COMING UP TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you guys looking forward to it as much as I am?

AVENGERS FUCKING ASSEMBLE!!!!!!!!

- Hitgirl
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2012, 08:19:07 PM »

Nope. Not I. Skipped KA2 all together.
Branden
HR Vigilante

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2012, 08:20:23 PM »

Nope. Not I. Skipped KA2 all together.

Why?

- Hitgirl
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2012, 08:43:32 PM »

Not a prude or anything  Cheesy, but to me ... I know this may sound high and mighty ... two reasons.
For one, there was no need for it. I loved the way KA ended. No true ending. Just a  'I wonder what will become of them now' ending.
 Grin
For another, I didn't feel that KA2 was going to bring anything more than blood, cursing and ... more cursing. Basically just a watered down re-do of the original.

I am certainly not knocking those that bought it, buy it and enjoy it. We all have our own vices  Smiley but I just didn't see anything to make me want to stay after I tried the first issue.

I hope it knocks both yours and Jeff's socks off, however!!!! I still want the HC Cool
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2012, 09:20:01 PM »

Are you sure it comes out tomorrow?  I read online that it's coming out March 14.

Branden
HR Vigilante

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2012, 09:50:48 PM »

Are you sure it comes out tomorrow?  I read online that it's coming out March 14.

Marvel.com says it comes out tomorrow.

- Hitgirl
Branden
HR Vigilante

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2012, 04:56:03 PM »

So, my question is, did you like it? I thought Hitgirl's battle with Mother Russia was short and disappointing but the rest of it was pretty good. The ending surprised me too.

When Hitgirl stole the police car and Dave made the comment that "In real life, there isn't always a happy ending," I figured she'd get arrested but Marcus would get her off somehow. I didn't expect her to go to prison for sixty counts of murder and Marcus to go for conspiracy.

As a whole, I liked the series and am looking forward to Hitgirl #1 in June.

- Hitgirl
Branden
HR Vigilante

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2012, 05:01:52 PM »

I forgot to mention that, despite the fight itself being disappointing, I liked the scene where Hitgirl decapitates Mother Russia.

- Hitgirl
Branden
HR Vigilante

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2012, 12:12:06 AM »

So, Jeff, what'd you think of it?

- Hitgirl
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2012, 08:25:38 AM »

I just picked it up last night but haven't got to it yet.  I'll read it tonight.  Sounds like I won't be disappointed.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2012, 09:44:55 PM »

Loved it!  Irked that it ended in a cliff hanger but stoked that it leads to a Hit Girl  comic coming out in June.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS