HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 01:16:46 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Transformers: A New Generation premieres in theaters September 13, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Comic Book Day - November 30 - last day of the month!  (Read 10390 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: November 30, 2011, 05:35:58 PM »

Not sure if these are shipping this week or next but here's what I have queued up so far.....

AQUAMAN #3 - cut from future shipments
FANTASTIC FOUR #600 *Special Discount* 
FF #12 
FURY OF FIRESTORM THE NUCLEAR MEN #3 - cut from future shipments 
GREEN LANTERN NEW GUARDIANS #3  - cut from future shipments
KICK-ASS 2 #5 (MR) 
NIGHTLY NEWS TP VOL 01 (NEW PTG) (JUL071934) 
PREVIEWS #279 DECEMBER 2011 (Net) *Special Discount* Includes a FREE Marvel Previews. 
SAVAGE HAWKMAN #3  - cut from future shipments
SCALPED #54 (MR) 
SECRET AVENGERS #19 
SUPERMAN #3  - cut from future shipments
TEEN TITANS #3  - cut from future shipments
ULTIMATE COMICS HAWKEYE #4 (OF 4) 
ULTIMATE COMICS ULTIMATES #4  - cut from future shipments
UNCANNY X-MEN #2 XREGB 
WOLVERINE #19 XREGG 
WOLVERINE AND X-MEN #2 XREGG 
X-MEN LEGACY #259 XREGB 

Wow - I'm getting 7 titles I've already cut!

From the LCS I'm gonna pick up these 2

DAREDEVIL 6
STAR TREK 3

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 06:10:01 PM »

Not sure if these are shipping this week or next but here's what I have queued up so far.....

Yeah, it is next week. I forgot we had 5 Wednesday in this month  Angry
Bi-monthly will ship the first Wednesday of each month and then two weeks later.

We have another week to wait.

Wow - I'm getting 7 titles I've already cut!

I am about in the same boat, with more coming next month as well. I am in one of my "Going to switch to trades soon" moods again.  Undecided  Trying to wait it out as I know I always change my mind, but so many of these books now read better that way. Especially with the DC's shorter page count stories. I haven't read any comics (really) in weeks as I am waiting on the next issues of books to arrive before reading.

From the LCS I'm gonna pick up these 2 ...

ONLY 2?
Are you sure?
 Grin

Current queue for next weeks shipping

PREVIEWS #279 DECEMBER 2011

GREEN LANTERN NEW GUARDIANS #3
JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK #3
AQUAMAN #3
SAVAGE HAWKMAN #3 (Last issue)
BATMAN THE DARK KNIGHT #3 (Dropped. One more to go)
BLACKHAWKS #3 (sadly, last issue ... so wanted to like this)

WOLVERINE AND X-MEN #2 (Dropped. two more to go)
SECRET AVENGERS #19 (Last issue)
FANTASTIC FOUR #600
FF #12
DAREDEVIL #6

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 01:16:54 AM »

From the LCS I'm gonna pick up these 2 ...

ONLY 2?
Are you sure?
 Grin

Hopefully!  I didn't make it over there today so we'll keep our fingers crossed!

I did get Morrison's Steed & Mrs Peel Book's 1, 2, & 3 in the mail today.  Got them off mycomicshop.com for $16.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 11:00:46 AM »

Why the mass exodus from the DCnU? Not a fan or simply getting the trades for #1-6?

Personally, I dropped GL: New Guardians and will probably drop Savage Hawkman.
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2011, 06:28:25 PM »

I haven't made it to my LCS in the past two weeks so hopefully I will pick up 3 weeks worth this week:

Nov16
WALKING DEAD #91 (MR)
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #674
AVENGERS #19
AVENGERS ACADEMY #22...this is a maybe...havent been following the title but now that X23 and the runaways might be joining I may jump on board.  most likely just wait for MDC.
CAPTAIN AMERICA #4
FEAR ITSELF #7 POINT THREE
INCREDIBLE HULK #2
NEW MUTANTS #34 XREGB
VENOM #9
X-23 #17 (soon to be cancelled)
X-FACTOR #227

Nov 23
ANNIHILATORS EARTHFALL #3 (OF 4)
CAPTAIN AMERICA AND BUCKY #624
INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #510
IRON MAN 2.0 #10 (soon to be cancelled)
SECRET AVENGERS #19...Jeff...i see you are dropping Secret Avengers...Rick Remender is taking over the title shortly and he is doing great work with the similar X-Force book...does do anything for you...as stay of execution or possibly return to the title once he takes over?
WOLVERINE AND X-MEN #2 XREGG...Perry I know you are dropping this after #4...what is it about the book that is driving you away?...you had mentioned that the art was driving you away sight unseen, except for covers.  Are you familiar with the artist (Nick Whatshisname)...he looks like an Art Adams clone but from what I've seen (just splash type pages) it doesn't look horrible.

Nov 30
UNCANNY X-MEN #2 XREGB
X-MEN LEGACY #259 XREGG

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2011, 09:32:12 PM »

SECRET AVENGERS #19...Jeff...i see you are dropping Secret Avengers...Rick Remender is taking over the title shortly and he is doing great work with the similar X-Force book...does do anything for you...as stay of execution or possibly return to the title once he takes over?

Actually, that's Perry dropping it not me.  I will admit though that Remender coming on board is what kept me from dropping it as well.  He's doing some great work on X-Force.

Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2011, 10:34:19 PM »

sorry about that...it was hard to tell in the reply screen.

So...Perry...does RR save the book for you or is it still dropped?
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2011, 03:20:54 AM »

Hey Perry - I got the email that my stuff shipped.  Did yours?

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2011, 11:29:20 AM »

Hey Perry - I got the email that my stuff shipped.  Did yours?

Yeah. Not sure what the hell I was thinking. I know they ship last week of the month (and thus the issue with PREVIEWS being late recently). Don't listen to me. Me know nothing. Me idiot.
 Wink

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2011, 11:35:49 AM »

sorry about that...it was hard to tell in the reply screen.

So...Perry...does RR save the book for you or is it still dropped?

No. If Ellis couldn't save it for me, Remender can't.

That is not to say I don't enjoy Remender as a writer. I really enjoyed the few issues of X-FORCE I have read and I have every trade of FEAR AGENT, which is crazy fun, but I am doing my best to get back to my 18 to 20 titles a month.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2011, 11:51:32 AM »

Why the mass exodus from the DCnU? Not a fan or simply getting the trades for #1-6?

Not sure if you are talking to me or Jeff, Rodney, but for me this was the plan all along.

I went in to the DCnU thinking I would get about 10 to 12 titles. I ended up giving 28 titles a try, for both a show of support to DC and for my own curiosity, but I knew I would not maintain that amount. I am slowly working my way down to my initial amount of 10 or so.

That is not to say that I regret getting those initial 28. I mean, I knew going in that some titles would have a very hard time capturing me as a reader (SUPERMAN, ACTION and GREEN ARROW) and would probably be dropped without hesitation, but there is also the fact that titles I could have sworn I would enjoy, due to past experience with character(s) or writer (GRIFTER, STORMWATCH and BLUE BEETLE to name a few) I ended up not enjoying at all or at least not enjoying enough to continue buying. While at the same time, other titles I was just curious about (SWAMP THING, ANIMAL MAN, WONDER WOMAN and JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK) ended up not only remaining on my pull, but at the top of my read list.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2011, 12:28:13 PM »

Personally, I dropped GL: New Guardians and will probably drop Savage Hawkman.

I'm in same boat as Perry.  I knew I wouldn't keep a lot of them but wanted to see how the new direction was going to be.  Also like Perry there are some I thought I'd love (Captain Atom, Firestorm) that did nothing for me and some I didn't expect to like (Justice League Dark) that I really enjoy.  My overall DCnU titles is still a good sized list but I'm trimming it down to just the titles that are fun for me.

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2011, 09:36:05 PM »

I did cut Savage Hawkman and Batgirl. I am really enjoying Firestorm but had higher hopes for Birds of Prey.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2011, 10:05:58 PM »

I did cut Savage Hawkman and Batgirl. I am really enjoying Firestorm but had higher hopes for Birds of Prey.

lol - we must have opposite tastes b/c I'm really liking Birds of Prey.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2011, 12:36:57 AM »

I am really enjoying Firestorm but had higher hopes for Birds of Prey.

Enjoying FIRESTORM??
Not enjoying BOP??
Not liking the art in BATWOMAN??
Buying anything with Liefeld art??

I think you must be the comic polar opposite of me, Rodney. I now know to push and promote anything I can't stomach towards your way, as you will probably enjoy the hell out of it.
 Cheesy

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS