HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 12:00:10 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Hunger Games: Songbird and Snakes premieres in theaters November 17, 2023.
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Justice Society  (Read 5340 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: November 16, 2011, 05:14:46 PM »

So where is the JSA in this new DC universe?  I know we have Mr Terrific in his own book but where is Jay Garrick, Dr Midnite, Dr Fate, and all of the old guard?  Are they gone?  Wiped from history?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 06:58:56 PM »

They are coming.
 Wink

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011, 07:50:13 PM »

Hmmmm.    Undecided

Found this:  http://www.super-critique.com/dcnu-justice-society

Not sure what I think about this.  Seems like DC is going backwards not forwards.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2011, 08:45:50 PM »

Can't wait

I grew up reading those $1.00 supersized DC Specials with the old JS (Allstar comics) and miss them being on their 'own world'.

All-Star Squadron is still a fantastic memory for me, even though that came later ... around year 13 or so for me)

Not a huge fan of the writer, or at least his recent work, and the artist is ... okay ... but I am certainly trying this out.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 08:48:23 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
sinisteri
HR Super Hero

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2011, 03:50:32 AM »

Well,

I had heard about this move some time ago. I am looking forward to seeing the actual end product. If it is anything close to pre-Crisis DCU with a somewhat modern spin, I am very much on board. It may be the rare gem that is true DC amongst this radical reboot to make the characters more mainstream and less unique. I have always like the true concept of Huntress and he legacy she is supposed to carry.

Again, I look forward to it!

A man is the sum of his memories,
A Time Lord even moreso.
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2011, 11:54:01 PM »

Ditto! I grew up with those DC Specials and LOVED the grown-up Robin and Helena Wayne/Huntress.
Looking forward to seeing them back in action, regardless of what Earth it may be.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2011, 12:06:58 PM »

Ditto! I grew up with those DC Specials and LOVED the grown-up Robin and Helena Wayne/Huntress.
Looking forward to seeing them back in action, regardless of what Earth it may be.

Now that may have just sold me.  I loved those characters as well and would love to see them again.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS