HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 08:49:13 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Deadpool 3 premieres in theaters May 3, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Defenders  (Read 3438 times)
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« on: October 25, 2011, 07:53:57 PM »

so there is anew defenders book coming out...is anyone excited.  I am.  I am really looking forward to this...not just because of the heroes involved (Dr Strange, Silver Surfer, Red She-Hulk, IronFist, Namor) or the stellar creative team (Fraction and Dodson) but for the return of the "Marvel Style" of comic book creating.

Fraction will be supplying just plots to Dodson and allowing Dodson to tell the artistic side as he feels fit and not working off a full script that tell him exactly what the page should look like.

This is extremely exciting to me bacause I feel full scripts really pull some of the magic out of comics and that magic has been sorely missed.  now writer and artist are truely colaborating and creating from scratch alowing for the artist to make decisions on how a page looks and flows.  This additonal creative input is what made the books of the 70-80s soo good.  Claremont/Byrne, Sterns/JRjr, Mantalo/Buscema, Michelline/Layton/JRjr.

I hope this goes as well as I think it will and really changes the way books are created (at Marvel at least) to be more of a colaboration and less writer dictating every frame.

thoughts?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 12:50:54 PM by Wringer » Logged
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 11:44:04 PM »

I preordered it because I always loved the Defenders of old and wanted to see how a relaunch would do.  Plus I love the team up of Silver Surfer, Doc Strange, and the Hulk (but I will settle for Red She Hulk).

I didn't know about the return to the old style of collaboration until I read your post.  This has me excited as well.  I can't wait to see how this turns out and am hopeful for a much better Defenders relaunch than we've seen in the recent past.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 02:44:15 AM »

There are actually about 6 books out, that I know of, that still use the "Marvel style" of writing ... and of course, I can't remember any of them.
 Cheesy
(Damn I just saw an article about one of them too ... and no, it wasn't this one  Cheesy)

Glad this is one, because I do find it opens the book more to both artist (freedom to draw) and writer (may see some different things leading to different course) and hell ... I was going to get it anyway.
 Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS