HR Boards
October 20, 2018, 09:23:43 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ralph Breaks the Internet premieres in theaters November 21, 2019!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Comic Book Day -- November 2nd  (Read 1366 times)
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« on: November 02, 2011, 01:08:11 PM »

Hawk & Dove #3.... let the snide comments begin  Grin
Justice League International #3
New Mutants #33 .... one more month til Blink!
Uncanny X-men #1... loved the Sinister preview.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 01:51:27 PM »

Hawk & Dove #3.... let the snide comments begin  Grin

Cheesy
Well it's not fun if you expect it.  Grin

Ahhh ... hell ... Sucky art.
(Whew, had to say it) Wink

My small haul coming next week -
ANIMAL MAN #3
DETECTIVE COMICS #3
SWAMP THING #3 (YAY)
MOON KNIGHT #7 (Another YAY)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 01:53:04 PM by Perry » Logged
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011, 10:16:47 AM »

My pull for this week is below...as you can see I'm not really stretching beyond my Marvel centric books.  While I am impressed with DCs move to recalibrate thier universe and while some of the books might be outstanding, i really just can't bring myself to care.  I'm just not interested in the DC lineup.

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #673...really enjoyed SpiderIsland
FEAR ITSELF #7 POINT ONE...I've gone this far, might as well stick with it to the end.
MOON KNIGHT #7...I'll add a Hell yay
NEW MUTANTS #33 XREGB ...love the current X-books and interested to see where they go.
UNCANNY X-MEN #1 XREGB...see above
X-23 #16 ...see above

on the fence:
FEAR ITSELF FEARLESS #2 (OF 12)...read the 1st issue and it was pretty good but not sure if I'll pick...might just wait for MDC in 6mo to follow Sin/Val's journey
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2011, 11:39:58 AM »

While I am impressed with DCs move to recalibrate thier universe and while some of the books might be outstanding, i really just can't bring myself to care.

As a self proclaimed Marvel Zombie, I completely understand. As a fan of comics, I wish you would reconsider  Smiley
While it is true, comics dealing with Batman and Green Lantern have had little to no change (the bat-books do have some winning titles however ... BIRDS OF PREY being near the top of that list), JUSTICE LEAGUE is nondescript, Superman continues to suck ... in my eyes, haha ... and books like FIRESTORM, DEATHSTROKE, SAVAGE HAWKMAN and a few others fall into the "what the hell was that" category, the  DC "Dark" titles (or titles that are dark in tone) are just blowing the hell out of most everything on the shelves right now.

SWAMP THING, ANIMAL MAN, JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK and WONDER WOMAN (Going to a darker mythological story) are just grade "A" fantastically fun books. And hell, even some of the lighter toned books like Aquaman feels more like a Marvel book than some Marvel books  Grin

I can understand the lack of interest, but man, if you get a chance to read 2 issues in a row of some of the books I just mentioned, I think interest will find you.
 Wink

FEAR ITSELF #7 POINT ONE...I've gone this far, might as well stick with it to the end.

I refuse to buy any "decimal" book. I twitted ...? ... Tweeted ..? ...  Grin briefly with Brubaker and others about that fact. I get the feeling the "points" will not be around too much longer. Just a feeling.

I foresee a future with no point "anythings" and no double freaking shipping months for titles.

Thank you DC for making Marvel a little nervous about some of their decisions over the past two or three years.
 Grin Still a huge Marvel comic fan, just don't have the time to read all the titles I want, but they have been slowly pushing me away with some of the stuff they have been trying. Add in the relentless additions of X books and I just shake my head ... really? Sixteen X-books in one month (counting mini's)? Really?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 11:56:20 AM by Perry » Logged
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2011, 12:41:35 PM »

In the mail and headed my way.....

From DCBS:
ANIMAL MAN #3
STORMWATCH #3
PREVIEWS #278 NOVEMBER 2011 (Net) *Special Discount* Includes a FREE Marvel Previews
NEW MUTANTS #33 XREGB
UNCANNY X-MEN #1 XREGB *Special Discount*
BIRDS OF PREY #2
GREEN LANTERN CORPS #2
LEGION OF SUPER HEROES #2
DC UNIVERSE PRESENTS #2
CAPTAIN ATOM #2
JUSTICE LEAGUE #2
UNCANNY X-MEN #544
WOLVERINE #17 XREGG
X-FACTOR #226
FEAR ITSELF #7 (OF 7)
FEAR ITSELF HOME FRONT #7 (OF 7)
ULTIMATE COMICS HAWKEYE #3 (OF 4)
FF #11
WOLVERINE AND X-MEN #1 XREGG *Special Discount*
SECRET AVENGERS #18
NEW MUTANTS #32
INCREDIBLE HULK #1 *Special Discount*
RED WING #4 (OF 4)
WALKING DEAD #90 (MR)
ULTIMATE COMICS ULTIMATES #3
TEEN TITANS #2
GREEN LANTERN NEW GUARDIANS #2
SUPERMAN #2
AQUAMAN #2
FURY OF FIRESTORM #2
SAVAGE HAWKMAN #2
RACHEL RISING #3

From mycomicshop.com:

INVINCIBLE 84   
SCALPED 53
DAREDEVIL 1
Ultra Seven Days TPB 1

And I'm picking up from the LCS today:
INFANITE VACATION 3
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 12:43:28 PM by Jeff » Logged

"If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?" - Kevin Smith
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS