HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 10:46:18 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Deadpool 3 premieres in theaters May 3, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: UNCANNY X-MEN  (Read 25425 times)
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« on: October 06, 2011, 06:20:29 PM »

Written by KIERON GILLEN
Pencils and Cover by CARLOS PACHECO
Inks by CAM SMITH
Colors FRANK D’ARMATA

This November, history is made with Uncanny X-Men #1! From the superstar creative team of Kieron Gillen and Carlos Pacheco, Cyclops and those who have stayed with him on Utopia rise from the rubble of X-Men: Schism renewed & refocused. Cyclops has created the most powerful X-Men team ever gathered and called them the X-Tinction Team. Except when Mr. Sinister makes his diabolical return, is this new team up to stopping Sinister’s current style of extinction? Find out as a bold new era of mutantkind begins in Uncanny X-Men #1!

« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 10:21:30 PM by Jeff » Logged
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 06:21:19 PM »

I haven't read an X-book in awhile and I am very excited about this!!!
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2011, 08:09:29 PM »

Shocked
Uh-Oh. Rodney getting ready to be swept away by the mutant wave. Before ya know it, 15 X books will be in his pull
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
sinisteri
HR Super Hero

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 09:35:36 PM »

Of course,

I am board for the change. And I love me some Sinister!!!

A man is the sum of his memories,
A Time Lord even moreso.
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2011, 11:16:31 AM »

Who got it and what did you think? I loved it! I haven't enjoyed an X-book in a long time. I really appreciated the team breakdown chart in the back  Wink
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2011, 11:21:50 AM »

Didn't get it. Won't get it as long as Magneto is on the team.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2011, 01:49:48 AM »

What do you have against Magneto?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2011, 02:43:20 AM »

Love Mags, hate him as an "X-Man"

It's like Doom joining the FF. Neither are ... shall we say classic villains, but there is enough history there to keep him off a team that has Wolverine or Cyclops on it. I did enjoy his first two trips to "this side of the fence", but enough already.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2011, 03:03:45 PM »

Just finished issue 1 and I'm not sure how long I'll be on board.

This just doesn't feel like the X-men to me.  Especially with Namor and Danger on the team.  I don't like Colossus as Juggernaut either.  Everyone seems a little to full of themselves.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2012, 10:41:09 PM »

Just finished issue 3 and I am so glad I dropped this off my pull list.  Gillen's writing here is almost as bad as his Generation Hope was.

I was going to say the characters are way too full of themselves but I see I already wrote that up above about issue 1.

No matter what the title says, this is NOT the X-Men.

Colossus as Juggernaut - stupid
Magik's facial expressions of worry and near tears - out of character, the girl is supposed to have a heart of stone
Namor - why is he even in this book? No way would he take orders from Cyclops.
Magneto - see comment on Namor above.
Danger - she's a robot, not a mutant.  And a boring character. Also has worst "full of herself" line the book when she takes out all of the Sinister clones and then says...wait for it...."Welcome to the danger room.". Arrrrrg!
Storm - why is SHE on this team? She has a lot more class than these people.  Hands down, she would have been the first (or maybe 2nd behind Beast) to follow Wolverine back to the school.
Cyclops - I'm tired of him being a dick. Thats right, i said it.  He needs to be knocked down badly and put in his place - by Xavier.
Emma - the only good character in the book since she's SUPPOSED to be full of herself.
Hope - when did she get all these abilities to copy other powers? And why? We already have Rogue.  Give this character back to Duane Swierczynski so he can make her great again like he did in Cable.

This should be the flag ship X-book with the Uncanny title but it fails.  Fails BIG.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 10:53:46 PM by Jeff » Logged

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2012, 01:56:25 PM »

Grin

Sounds like I want to pick this title up ... oh ... wait ... no it doesn't.

Actually, as I have said, I never understood Magneto being on the team at all, except for the very first, 'shocking' time. It was cool when it was first done, just because you knew maybe, just maybe, they thought they could handle him or change him, but time after time this guy screws them yet he is still on the team?

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2012, 02:18:24 PM »

Over in X-Men Legacy they have Mag's in bed with Rogue.

Now THAT will make your head swim.  I thought her skin couldn't touch... No, I can't go there.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2012, 02:39:52 PM »

Over in X-Men Legacy they have Mag's in bed with Rogue.

Angry

This is why ... things like this ... this is why I am slowly backing down on my comics each month.

Not blaming Marvel (or DC, or anyone) as it is almost impossible to keep stories 'fresh' and have new ideas that don't just suck or are revamps of other, earlier stories (planet Hulk), after writing them for over 40, close to 50 years, but things like having Magneto join the Xmen, after trying repeatedly to kill them and successfully killing thousands of people just kills any credibility for me, and then having Rogue sleep with him?

It is why I like the DC reboot, revamp, re ... whatever it is, because I get a chance to read new TO ME stories. Most of them failed  Cheesy, but hey

sinisteri
HR Super Hero

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2012, 03:35:38 AM »

Well,

They did a story a while back where Rogue gained control of her powers and can now touch other people, if she chooses. The relationship with Rogue and Magneto started back in the Savage Land when she did not have her powers, it was explored most fully in Age of Apocalypse, but it has always been there as a possibility. It is in character and well established that they have chemistry. The thing about X-men is each one of them seem more human and capable of anything good or bad in the right circumstances. They do not need a reboot to be interesting or switch sides. I am liking the book at this time.

A man is the sum of his memories,
A Time Lord even moreso.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2012, 04:59:31 AM »

I agree with you Sin on the Rogue/Magneto relationship.  I remember that issue from the Savage land.  It's one of my favorite X-Men arcs.

So what do you like about this current UXM title?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS