HR Boards
December 13, 2017, 09:25:07 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out the latest PREVIEWS!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ultimate X-Men  (Read 4087 times)
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« on: September 29, 2011, 09:21:51 AM »

Did anyone get this comic in last week's pull? What were your thoughts?
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 11:15:47 AM »

I've got it coming in next weeks shipment.  I read the Ultimate Fallout which sets up all of the Ultimate comics including this one.  That setup is what prompted me to order this.  Rogue, Iceman, and the Human Torch have a nice   interaction in Fallout and the stuff with Quicksilver was awesome.

I'll let you know what I think next week.

"If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?" - Kevin Smith
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 11:59:28 AM »

I've got it coming in next weeks shipment.  I read the Ultimate Fallout which sets up all of the Ultimate comics including this one.  That setup is what prompted me to order this.  Rogue, Iceman, and the Human Torch have a nice   interaction in Fallout and the stuff with Quicksilver was awesome.

I'll let you know what I think next week.

I did not read Ultimate Fallout. Maybe if I had, I would have enjoyed it more. As it stands, not a fan and not likely to get the next issue.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 03:05:55 PM »

Just finished issue 5.  I really like what Nick Spenser is doing here.  Quicksilver is up to his usual tricks and I like this version of William Stryker.  Kitty, Rogue, Iceman, and Johnny Storm?  Fun characters in this book.

"If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?" - Kevin Smith
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2012, 03:34:34 PM »

Speaking of Ultimate X-Men, my buddy was checking out Marvel Digital today, looking to make a purchase....and he saw that UXM was $3.99 for a DIGITAL issue.....

They're crazy!  I'd rather have a physical copy at that rate....

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2012, 03:48:10 PM »

Speaking of Ultimate X-Men, my buddy was checking out Marvel Digital today, looking to make a purchase....and he saw that UXM was $3.99 for a DIGITAL issue.....

They're crazy!  I'd rather have a physical copy at that rate....

Yeah I don't understand tat either.  Plus if you buy th physical copy I think you get the digital one for free. That's nice but why? You've already got the real deal.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2012, 05:18:42 PM »

Yeah I don't understand tat either.  Plus if you buy th physical copy I think you get the digital one for free. That's nice but why? You've already got the real deal.

Good for fast reference or to read while traveling.
But paying that much for just the digital ... no way. Not paying over 99 cents ... ever.

I don't mind paying the extra to get the code WITH THE PHYSICAL copy (though I haven't done that either), but no-way am I paying even close to full price for something I can't hold. Nope. No way. Never.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2012, 08:21:28 PM »

Ultimate X-Men #12

#1 reason for picking up this arc:  Ultimate Layla Miller

Branden
HR Vigilante

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2012, 06:30:21 PM »

Issue #18

This issue was amazing. It was a great ending to a great arc. The conversation between Kitty and Captain America at the end blew me away. This is, by far, the best comic to come out this week. I can't wait until next issue.

10/10

AVENGERS FUCKING ASSEMBLE!!!!!!!!

- Hitgirl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS