HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 07:21:29 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Transformers: A New Generation premieres in theaters September 13, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Marvel Teases Nova's Return in November POINT ONE One-Shot  (Read 4954 times)
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« on: September 28, 2011, 09:52:34 AM »

Marvel's year-long Point One initiative gets its own one-shot in November, purported to give readers a hint of significant developments in the publisher's near future.

The first teaser image for the comic was released on Monday, and certainly suggests that Nova — seemingly killed during recent miniseries The Thanos Imperative — will soon be back in action. A variety of creators are credited for the one-shot, but the Nova image lists Jeph Loeb and Ed McGuinness. Whether or not this image has anything to do with their December-debuting Avengers: X-Sanction miniseries remains to be seen.

Marvel teasers tend to run in packs, so keep reading to see if more Point One images are released this week. Here's official word from Marvel:

"Point One is a massive one-shot of 64 all-new pages of story by the top creators in the business, setting the stage for the biggest stories coming in 2012. It is the starting point to what’s in store for the world’s most iconic characters and startling events. Point One serves as the launch pad for dynamic new series, the return of fan-demanded characters, and a shocking teaser that will have everyone talking. See how all it comes together in one gigantic epic!” – Tom Brevoort, Senior Vice President, Executive Editor
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 12:28:11 PM »

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 12:41:40 PM »

Joy, another way for Marvel to suck money fro me?

Not this time. No.

Came very F'n close to dropping all my Avengers books because of the last event cross-over, also. Over it.

KEEP YOUR DAMN BANNERS OFF OF MY DAMN BOOKS, MARVEL !!!!!!!!!

(Although I am thinking this is not an event as much as a 'foundation')  Roll Eyes

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 02:22:56 PM »

Agree with Perry on event fatigue - plus Fear Itself actually sucks.

BUT....yeah, I'm sucked in.  Nova's back?  Dang.  There's goes my money.....

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 02:43:23 PM »

Nova's back?  Dang.  There's goes my money.....

Yeah, but Loeb again? Why in the hell isn't DnA doing this? They kill it on the cosmic stuff.  Angry

And while I shall not be buying any of the point 1's, I am looking forward to the Ultron War (which hopefully will only be in the Avengers titles and not spread through-out the entire company. Not interested in seeing Punisher fight a hoard of Ultron robots.
(Although I know my boy Moon Knight will be heavily involved, as he is already going after Ultron. *or at least I think that is who is trying to buy the Ultron head in that title)

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS